Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door is not automatically opening!! D=
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Door is not automatically opening!! D=

(10-01-2011, 10:18 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(10-01-2011, 09:39 PM)Statyk Wrote: I found out that the "SetSwingDoorDisableAutoClose" is set to true so the door won't auto-close when it's near the doorway, but the door still auto-shuts. Is that preventing the door from opening itself?

That wouldn't prevent the door from opening. Try having SetSwingDoorDisableAutoClose() come before SetSwingDoorClosed(). If that still doesn't work, try negative values for the prop force.
.... I tried both. I switched them in the script, did positive and negative, and even brought the float up to 1000 and -1000... Still nothing. I don't know what to do... I SWEAR it's not doing anything. If any of you are good at scripting, I can send the file over to you so you can try to fix it first-hand. Just PM me your email.

10-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

I tried all that I can think of... Do any of you have any ideas? Does the string in the function need to be the entity file? Or the internal name of the door? Which is "exitdoor".
10-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(10-02-2011, 04:28 AM)Statyk Wrote: I tried all that I can think of... Do any of you have any ideas? Does the string in the function need to be the entity file? Or the internal name of the door? Which is "exitdoor".

There are only a couple of other things i can think that could be the problem. It is possible you've used a level door instead of a swing door. It is possible that the door is aligned in a way that causes its collision properties to conflict with the doors interactive properties. It is possible the door is set to locked in the entity properties in the level editor. It is possible that the collide callback isn't being called. If you have verified that none of these are the case, then i am out of ideas.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(10-02-2011, 05:39 AM)Your Computer Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 04:28 AM)Statyk Wrote: I tried all that I can think of... Do any of you have any ideas? Does the string in the function need to be the entity file? Or the internal name of the door? Which is "exitdoor".

There are only a couple of other things i can think that could be the problem. It is possible you've used a level door instead of a swing door. It is possible that the door is aligned in a way that causes its collision properties to conflict with the doors interactive properties. It is possible the door is set to locked in the entity properties in the level editor. It is possible that the collide callback isn't being called. If you have verified that none of these are the case, then i am out of ideas.
It IS as swing door, it DOES open and close, but it COULD BE slightly scaled differently. would that make a difference? If anything, I'll just leave the door opened a smidge and the player will just have to push it open the rest of the way. no biggie.
10-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I have never used the propforce, I think it requires a higher number than propimpulse. Try the same thing with the propimpulse - value 500. That should do it.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-02-2011, 06:37 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Nope.. Nothing... I don't know what the hell is wrong with that door's attitude. But I'm going to just leave it open a crack. it's not what I wanted, but it's enough to show the player where they have to go.

Thank you so much for trying though guys. I really do appreciate it. =]
10-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Find