Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desks and Diaries...
Jazstar Offline

Threads: 5
Desks and Diaries...

Ok, so I have two questions.
First, how do I put things (such as tinderboxes and books) inside desk drawers. This also goes for wardrobe doors and chest of drawers.
Secondly, I can't figure out what to type (in Diary Text) in order to get it to actually work when playing.
Thanks in advance for the help! Tongue
10-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Desks and Diaries...

1) Just move them inside as you move any items. If you use view mode, you can also go inside drawers and wardrobes and see what is inside there. This way you can choose where exacly. I recommend changing the grid (with what u can choose how much u want to move objects) to 0.01 tho, to make it smooth.
2) Put the diary name whatever you want. For example: EntryOne.

Then inside extra_lang put this:

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Diary_EntryOne_Name1">Diary Entry name</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_EntryOne_Text1">[voice *diary voiceacting file*.ogg][br]whatever entry you have here!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
10-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Find
Jazstar Offline

They won't go in there properly.
View mode? I thought it was all view mode... lol
Also, where is extra_lang?
10-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

You have to create extra_lang yourself.

Tutorial about extra_lang is in that url: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...omakenotes
I plan to do tutorial about it in future too, but not yet Smile.

You just place object and move it naturally around. Then move it inside the closet or whatever thing what inside you can put stuff and then it is inside there. If you move inside object, you can also see what is inside there Smile.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
10-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Find
Jazstar Offline

Oh, I don't know how I missed that tutorial XD

Yeah, I'm having a problem with the whole moving thing. I seem to only be able to zoom in and out, focusing on the very middle. Which makes it hard when placing objects. Is there some way I can change this?
10-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

No, I don't think so. You skipped the most basics then Tongue. It is hard to work when you can't move around freely. Make sure to select bottom right corner and hit space to go full view and best view of thing what you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNZ24jJvkLk

This should give u idea of basics I think Smile

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
10-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Find
Jazstar Offline

... Right click. You right click to rotate the map. I feel like an idiot XD
That solves all my problems (so far Tongue) right there. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me ^^
10-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-04-2011, 11:19 PM)Jazstar Wrote: ... Right click. You right click to rotate the map. I feel like an idiot XD
That solves all my problems (so far Tongue) right there. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me ^^
"alt" is your best friend when using the Perspective window. Honestly, I hit Spacebar when my mouse is over the Perspective window and do all the map-making from there. I NEVER use the "Top", "Right", or "Front" views. lol

Some controls in perspective view:

1) alt + Left Click (holding) = rotates the camera around the axis given in the center.
2) alt + Mouse Wheel Click (holding) = Pans the viewpoint (moves the blue center axis)
3) alt + Right Click (holding) = FINE zooms the camera in/out. Good for getting inside the desks and closets.
4) Mouse Wheel = COARSE zooms the camera in/out. Fast zooming.
5) Before PLACING entity/static_object, "Q" and "W" will rotate the object. (TIP: Place the object down anywhere, see where it's facing. Press Ctrl+Z to undo the placement. Then use "Q" or "W" to rotate the object before placing. This helps prevent wasted time by placing, clicking the entity, and rotating it using the "circles")
6) Ctrl+Z = Undo
Ctrl+X = Redo
Ctrl+D = Duplicate object exactly. (Good for making long walls/rooms)
7) When an object/entity/etc. is selected after placement, "Q" will allow arrows for moving the object along the X, Y, and Z axis; "W" will allow you to rotate the object; and "E" will allow you to change the scale of the object.

This is all you need to control that area. At least all "I" use and it's quite effective. =] Hope this helps!

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011, 11:46 PM by Statyk.)
10-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Find
Jazstar Offline

Thankyou once again! Now I can *try* to make an epic story which is not about empty drawers Tongue
Ooh, except I don't have a mouse wheel Tongue
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2011, 01:40 AM by Jazstar.)
10-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-05-2011, 01:30 AM)Jazstar Wrote: Thankyou once again! Now I can *try* to make an epic story which is not about empty drawers Tongue
Ooh, except I don't have a mouse wheel Tongue
What kind of mouse do you have!? O.o
10-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Find