Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taskforce: V - Progress thread [on hold]
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Taskforce: V - Progress thread

(10-21-2011, 01:29 PM)Rakaesa Wrote: I'm not attempting to troll at all, you're merely being too ignorant to think that I can have any sort of criticism about your map. So it MUST be perfect, or i'm considered a troll, right?

I've already played White Night, as I told you I have experience playing quite a few custom maps, mainly the greatest ones talked about.

White Night was amazing.

Your map is not White Night.

Your map does not share any concept with that game aside from the fact it's modern.

Step down from your damn "Holy Throne" you appear to think you're sitting on, stop being so ignorant, and take criticism like a man for gods sakes. It's not trolling if someone has a different opinion from you, you're just really arrogant.

Edit: Here's some proof to back up what i've been saying, quoted from the first post:

"Stuff I have thought about:- I want to make a setting mixed with futuristic/classic influences. It would create some really unique environments as the story would aim at not containing any amnesia content at all. Textures go a long way at creating environments, but it will gimp playtime.

- I want to make a trainstation and a rideable train. The opening scene would be really beautiful using this environment.

- I want to create a new unique lantern, which functions in a different way than the original one.

- Create a new hudsystem.

- New gameplay type: Instead of solving puzzles and running from monsters it is your job now to seek out the monsters. Environments should be traversable in many different ways, ergo reaching the lair in each environment could differ greatly dependent on player choice (using tools to climb surfaces, welder to cut your way through stuff etc)."

I bolded and underlined the part that says you're SEEKING OUT THE MONSTERS.

So..*Facepalm.*

You have every right to criticise me. You're however doing it on very limited information and thus filling in the gaps by yourself. What you're looking at is basically something I jotted down quickly before creating anything.

I have already told you that you have misunderstood the concept. The concept is not to go around killing monsters. Yet you keep repeating it like a broken-record player. Your critisism is non-viable, since you are critisising what you think my map is all about.

To clarify it for you: The main character uses different tools to tranverse an environment. His job is to map out vampire lairs. To explore. To find the location of the center of the lair. He will thus be seeking out the monsters (it might be my bad english causing miscommunication). But I have never said that you will go around killing things. Anywhere. You can't quote me on that.

Concerning White night:
"I've also played many decent custom maps, none of which are modern or involve actually harming the monsters." This is what you previously said.

"Your map does not share any concept with that game [white night] aside from the fact it's modern."
Now you claim that white night is modern & good.

Conclusion:
A modern map can therefore be good.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3

(10-21-2011, 01:29 PM)Rakaesa Wrote: Step down from your damn "Holy Throne" you appear to think you're sitting on, stop being so ignorant, and take criticism like a man for gods sakes. It's not trolling if someone has a different opinion from you, you're just really arrogant.
Stopped reading there. Again. You're not very good at this, are you?

There's a difference between "Your idea totally contradicts [Base Game], what were you thinking?" and "I don't see how your idea would work based on the function of [Base Game]." Oddly enough, this difference is related to your "Holier than thou" accusations. That is, it makes you look like a jackass. Being a jackass is what trolls do.

But hey, that can't be your fault, right?

Besides that point, I know what the problem you see is. Amnesia: The Dark Descent had its foundations in the inability to defend oneself whilst playing, which makes the monsters into something extremely undesirable to be around. Of course it seems ridiculous that this mod would be having you seek out the very thing players have been conditioned to avoid. And, I guess if you don't know some more of the backstory and premise, "seeking out the monsters" seems like you're going to be running around trying to kill the buggers, or capture the buggers, or in some way be dominant over the buggers.

However, I don't want to be a spoiling killjoy, so all I can say to that is that the premise of the story is in fact not set up to be like that. You'd have to know to understand, though.

EDIT: Oh damn, I got ninja'd.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011, 02:50 PM by Miss Rigi.)
10-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Is he an idiot? Like Miss Rigi said before, Acies never said it would involve killing monsters at all!

The only way to make it be able to die is throw an item at it and it would turn into a ragdoll or just go up in smoke, which would be kind of retarded. (But original!)

So just stop talking, troll.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
10-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

I'll be drunk creating a monster soon. Livestreaming for the us users!

10-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

(10-18-2011, 01:04 PM)Miss Rigi Wrote: I keep on seeing the ':V' part of the name as a duck face. This is perplexing.
I literally lol'd

10-23-2011, 03:16 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Update: Palistov has teamed up with me creating this map! I enjoy working with Palistov and I think that this will make for an even greater map.

Prepare for awesomeness!

10-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Message me on Skype! You're hidden haha

10-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-23-2011, 06:43 AM)Acies Wrote: Update: Palistov has teamed up with me creating this map! I enjoy working with Palistov and I think that this will make for an even greater map.

Prepare for awesomeness!
*mega nerdgasm*

Posting Freak
10-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Haha kman...we have some very cool things in store Big Grin I'm having a blast just debugging and testing some of the things we're implementing. Lots of fun Big Grin

10-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

Y U SO AWESOME ACIES? You should really work for FG.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Find