Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Custom Story won't show up...is it because of my mac???
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: My Custom Story won't show up...is it because of my mac???

(10-11-2011, 09:12 PM)MissMarilynn Wrote: Thank for helping me at least! Smile I will download it and see if it helps. With TextEdit, should I ignore rich text commands in RTF files of is it useless?

I'd say avoid using TextEdit altogether if nothing works with it.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Website Find
MissMarilynn Offline

Threads: 23

(10-11-2011, 09:19 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(10-11-2011, 09:12 PM)MissMarilynn Wrote: Thank for helping me at least! Smile I will download it and see if it helps. With TextEdit, should I ignore rich text commands in RTF files of is it useless?

Aside from textedit, what could explain my loading map that takes forever to load? After 5 minutes of viewing the loading screen I give up. My map is very large so should I just wait? Or is it an issue with my map file and where I placed it?
(10-11-2011, 09:19 PM)Your Computer Wrote:

I love you right now. If I wasn't engaged, I would kiss you. TextWrangler worked!

Now when I open my map it still goes slow. It won't go past "Loading..." am I just impatient? What could be causing this?
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM by MissMarilynn.)
10-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(10-11-2011, 09:23 PM)MissMarilynn Wrote: Now when I open my map it still goes slow. It won't go past "Loading..." am I just impatient? What could be causing this?

Try making a map with just a floor and a PlayerStart area (nothing else) for your custom story and tell the game to load that instead. If it takes "forever" to load, then there could be something wrong with your Amnesia installation. If it loads (it should load almost instantly), then there is a problem with your other map. In which case it may be explained in the hpl.log (not sure where this file would be on a Mac, but i'm going to assume the same as Linux and say ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main).

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011, 09:50 PM by Your Computer.)
10-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Website Find