Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help - .lang file doesn't work
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15
Need Help - .lang file doesn't work

Hey, can you see what's wrong with my .lang file? Or could there be some other problem?
<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">You are a detective. You are a well known and respected member of your town. You arrived at your office to get a bottle of kalja, the alcoholic beverage. Then you noticed a letter on your desk. "Detective, your help is needed at the Greenhill mansion, close to town. Come quick, it's urgent." Fortunately, you remember the place from childhood, you used to venture and play around there. Later you arrive at the mansion, which looks deserted. Inside you notice a note and a key on the floor. What is going on?</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_N1_Name">The Reason Why You're Here</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N1_Text">Detective,[br][br]There is an important reason why I've asked you to come here. Weird things have been happening for the past few weeks here. First of all, the duke has disappeared and has been missing for a week by now. Everyone else, one by one, have been disappearing aswell. Last night, I heard sounds like bodies being dragged, scratching and this morning I found a broken vase on the ground! I want you to find the duke and the other people who have disappeared so far. I've left you this key, I don't know what it's for, I just found it lying on the hallway as I was leaving. I've got a hunch it might come in use. I've personally gotten fed up with this place. Please, help me, you're this mansion's last hope.[br][br]- Angela Redwood, the maid</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N2_Name">A Letter To The Butcher</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N2_Text">Casey,[br][br]We are running low on food. I checked the storage a few days ago and there was barely any pork left! Ask Charles to bring us something from the town. And ask him to bring something else for a change, like fruits or something. I'm getting sick of pork all the time.[br][br]- Robert</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N3_Name">Fragile Objects - Part 1</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N3_Text">People should be careful with fragile glass objects, such as the new glass displays we got last week. They are very expensive and precious aswell. If one would happen to break one of these, he/she should report to Angela as soon as possible.[br][br][br][br][br][br]PS. If you're reading this right now, I presume you brutally smashed the glass display with a heavy object like a chair for example, since you were having such a hard time making out the perfectly fine text. This leaves to the conclusion that you are, infact, an absolute moron.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N4_Name">I Could Feel A Cool Breeze</Entry
<Entry Name="Note_N4_Text">Robert,[br][br]Yesterday, when we were having dinner, I could feel a cool breeze flowing from behind me. Yet, there's nothing there but paintings and the wall. Could it be that the mansion is more than meets the eye?[br][br]- Charles</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N5_Name">Fragile Objects - Part 2</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N5_Text">Another example of a fragile glass object are wine bottles. They are brought from the cellar, to be enjoyed by everyone. This mansion houses the best wine of the century. If one was to accidentally break a wine bottle, it would smudge the floor, ruining it almost completely, and in addition, leaving a pungent smell. This should be avoided at all costs. If you see a broken wine bottle, inform Angela or Charles.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N6_Name">Important Book Missing</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N6_Text">Charles,[br][br]I couldn't find the book of anatomy while I was having my weekly library inventory check. Do you know where it is? Not that I need it or anything, but the library must be kept complete.[br][br]- Wilhelm Stratowski, the duke</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N7_Name">Important Ingredient Located</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_N7_Text">I have located an important ingredient that is needed for my experiments. I found it in the cellar, the most southern spot. They are these green, glowing mushrooms. They contain a certain type of bacteria, that causes the glowing-effect on the mushrooms. This type of bacteria is critical for my experiments, extracting it is a must.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

10-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Need Help - .lang file doesn't work

Just skimming through it:

This:
<Entry Name="Note_N4_Name">I Could Feel A Cool Breeze</Entry

Should be:
<Entry Name="Note_N4_Name">I Could Feel A Cool Breeze</Entry>

BTW, this kind of issue is more for this forum: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2011, 08:07 PM by Your Computer.)
10-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Website Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Need Help - .lang file doesn't work

Thanks alot! Smile
Yeah, if I have any similiar problems in the future, I'll post there.

10-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Find