Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mesh flipped compaired to armature
ggstarfoxxie Offline

Threads: 9
Mesh flipped compaired to armature

So I was uber excited to see Blender 2.6 and read Your Computer's update on the wiki, until I saw this. I've tried setting the origin of the mesh to be the same as the skeleton, and I've also cleared the parent, reflipped the mesh, reparent, but it still does this. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attached Files
.jpg   question.jpg (Size: 82.33 KB / Downloads: 79)

10-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Mesh flipped compaired to armature

That's an issue i ran into as well that i couldn't figure out how to fix (though my test was in reverse compared to your's), that's why i mentioned in the wiki, "Do note, though, that this only prevents the ModelView from erroring out" and "there is no guarantee that your model will look and work exactly as it does in Blender."

When comparing a .dae file generated by Maya and a .dae file generated by Blender 2.6, there is very little difference between the two. Most noticeable differences, however, which aren't many to begin with, are within the library_visual_scenes element. From this it is impossible for me to figure out who's at fault: the game engine's COLLADA parser or Blender or the user's armature set-up. Nevertheless, it is interesting to read the Blender notes on the armature support of Blender 2.6.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2011, 01:03 AM by Your Computer.)
10-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Website Find
ggstarfoxxie Offline

Well, at least I'm not the only one then. Also, when I tried to add an animation, the skeleton imploded or something. Has anyone tried adding animations yet?

Attached Files
.jpg   imploded.jpg (Size: 84.02 KB / Downloads: 79)

10-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

In maya:
After setting Z = up or forgetting to normalize the weight paints my models usually swallows a grenade. But I don't think that is the case now... Seeing this is blender Smile

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Find
ggstarfoxxie Offline

Well I did see a line like:

<up_axis>Z_UP</up_axis>

So I changed it to Y_UP and the model lines up with the armature, but still explody looking. Also with the animations, I did the same thing, but the armature is still crushed to one joint. I've added a sound to the animation and it loops like it's playing the animation correctly.

10-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Find