Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an enemy follow you but not kill you?
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Making an enemy follow you but not kill you?

(10-21-2011, 07:37 AM)palistov Wrote: Do you want the monster to actively follow the player around like a companion? Or do you want it to patrol the general area the player is in?

If the prior is true, you can probably do this by changing the grunt's vision ranges to 0, as well as its auto-hunt range to 0. Maybe that will let it follow the player without attacking because A) the grunt will hear and follow the player's footsteps and B) the player can't see the player so it doesn't hunt, and since auto-hunt is 0 (hopefully disabled) it won't attack.

If the latter is what you want, you'll need to implement some specific functions which control and tell the monster where to go. You can use collide callbacks to do so. Research a little bit, there are plenty of tutorials out there (I myself have written one) which give you some good insight on how to control monsters.
I already found out how to do by myself XD I just made the attacking range 0 and he justs follow you Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011, 08:17 AM by flamez3.)
10-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Find