Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is your favorite game?
TheCollective15 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: What is your favorite game?

Quite frankly, I am in love with Supreme Commander...and practically any RTS games I played as a kid...that includes Red Alert, Tiberian Sun (best in-game atmosphere ever! Smile), Red Alert 2, and all the expansion packs for the three of them...games I also expect to purchase are: Spore, Sins Of A Solar Empire (like SupCom except in space; looks awesome, by the way), Half Life 2 Episode 2/Portal, and maybe CnC 3...oh, and of course, I have already purchased Overture...if it lives up to the Penumbra Tech Demo, and I can get the bloody authentication code to work, then it will soon officially be on my list. Tongue

The two screenshots below are from Sins Of A Solar Empire.

You can't kill me if I kill me first!!
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2007, 03:26 AM by thor27.)
04-07-2007, 03:21 AM
Find
Doffy90 Offline

Threads: 10

Oh my god, I just played Call of Cthulhu and its amazing. I have not come very far but I must tell about this amazing thing I saw. Well Im wandering around in this town, suddenly I see a small window in an alley so I crouch and look at it and BAM a scary scene happens, amazing. (isnt significant to the story but its amazing still, triggering optional scary scenes)

PenumbrA

Pen = Pretty
Bra = Good

Norwegian version. :)
04-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Threads: 6

Doffy90 Wrote:
Willbreaker Wrote:
Doffy90 Wrote:Well I dont have a favorite game but I do have some games I prefer.

Dead Or Alive 4
FEAR (btw I would like to say, FEAR:XP contains NOTHING new to the story so unless you only want to be scared, dont buy it!)
Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 (yes I actually like the 4th one despite everyones #¤#% about it)
Splinter Cell series
NOLF2 (Multiplayer wise)

Basically I like games with good story-lines.

Seems like you like scary games as well.
Which is the most scary game, in your oppinion?

/Breaker

Well Silent Hill is just creepy, not really scary.
FEAR on the other hand scared the s!ht out of me. Not because of the little girl but those small things, like shadows running away from you, boxes falling down from the shelves. The phone calls, like in XP (this was really scary) you click to listen to a phone call and you hear this scream and everything starts to shake. Amazing.

I love FEAR, its very well made and I cant wait for the sequel. Btw please don't bring in a little girl to Penumbra unless you got a really good story line for her cause then it will just be a duplicate.

What about Dead or Alive 4 then?

/Breaker
04-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Find
Doffy90 Offline

Threads: 10

That's an amazing fighting game.

PenumbrA

Pen = Pretty
Bra = Good

Norwegian version. :)
04-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

Monkey#101 Wrote:Ok, if we're going to have an off topic discussion, then why not tell everyone what your favorite games are, besides Penumbra, and what you like about it. I don't really have much to add here myself, because I don't go looking to play a lot of games, but it seems like if we talk about what makes a game good then we will have someplace to start thinking about how Penumbra could be improved, or what would make a good mod.

I'm especially interested in how other games use features that I've only seen in Penumbra, like physics and an inventory screen in a game with a first person viewpoint. I'd like to hear about games with really challenging puzzles too.
i like half life 2 battle field2142 penumbra splintercell call of duty 12and3 redsteel final fantasy7 and ground control
06-06-2007, 01:41 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Wow, and I feel like a geek for going into modeling..XD Only game that I play on my computer anymore is penumbra.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
06-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

Haha. I'm a PC gamer...might try out the Wii sometime soon, but, in terms of gaming, all of my money has been put into the computer...

I am a big fan of 2142 (I have logged around 280 hours on it since Christmas), have all the unlocks, and am like...9000th in the world. Tongue

Although, as of late, I have tried out a new game called Red Orchestra, which was only 16 dollars on Steam (with a discount, due to a recent free booster pack release). It pretty much boasts the most realistic gameplay I have ever seen in a FPS; no health packs, you drop dead after one or two bullets, the tanks can shoot miles away, shells can riquochet off of the armor, beautiful artillery strikes...bayonets...bolt action rifles...you can even drop your weapon, steady your rifle on cover, etc....and it even came with two guest passes.

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2007, 01:49 AM by thor27.)
06-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Find
Roboman20000 Offline

Threads: 1

My Favorite game Right now is one called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. It uses an inventory like Penumbra but it is mor for carying weapons and gadgets. This game is good because it is unique and fun. It is an FPS that is somewhat open-ended and has an RPG like feel to it. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is set in a radioactive wasteland and Anti-Radiation Meds are you only hope. It is not and 'Escape' game but has lots of Adventure and Mystery elements. I recoment this game to any Fan of FPS. Although it is not as fun a Penumbra. Smile
06-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Find
Koi Kitsune2006 Offline

Threads: 4

Mine right now is Final Fantasy 11 and F.E.A.R.
06-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

Hmmm...I was thinking about trying STALKER out...is there a demo available anywhere? I've tried looking around, but haven't found one yet. Sad

06-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Find