Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can I redownload the games I bought?
abelthorne Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Where can I redownload the games I bought?

Hello,
A while ago, I bought the Penumbra trilogy and Amnesia (digital versions, no boxed copies). I had kept the installers on a hard drive, which crashed a few weeks ago and lost everything.
I don't have the confirmation e-mails (with download link) anymore and can't find any account login page in the store or a single e-mail to contact Frictional Games for support.

So simple question: how can I redownload the games I bought?
10-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Where can I redownload the games I bought?

You can go to shelf.frictionalgames.com to retrieve the games and/or use the link on that page to go to esellerate and fetch a lost email confirmation. It is recommended to keep the order confirmation emails safe, as they are proof of purchase and contains valuable information.
10-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Website Find
abelthorne Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Where can I redownload the games I bought?

Thanks.

I was able to get my order number for Penumbra but not for Amnesia. Is it possible I bought it from another digital store (it was the Linux version so no Steam or store for Windows version)? Or maybe I wanted to buy it and ultimately decided not to because I hadn't completed Penumbra? I'm a bit confused, I think my memory is severely leaking...

Anyway, I see on your store that Penumbra and Amnesia are tagged Windows / Mac / Linux. When I bought Penumbra, I had to choose one specific platform. Has it changed (or maybe it was because of a promo)? I.e. if I buy the games again, can I download/install each version or do I have to choose Windows or Linux or MacOS?
10-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

If you buy through Frictional Games' own store, you get the same game for all of the platforms with one price.

10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Website Find
abelthorne Offline

It was not the case for my order of Penumbra (Linux only) but it might have been because I bought it with a special offer. I guess it cost more at the time for the multi-platforms version.

Well, anyway, I used the Halloween special offer and just rebought Penumbra (so I can have all versions) and Amnesia (either I didn't buy it at the time or it was from a website I'll never find again). It's simplier that way.

EDIT: okay, I finally found out why I was sure I had bought Amnesia but couldn't find my order: it wasn't the Linux version, I bought it on Steam when they ran a promo on it (even though I prefer to use Linux, I also play on Windows, lots of games being Windows-only). So I've now bought both games twice (d'oh!). Not a big deal, as I now have them for both platforms but it seems my memory is really, really messy. Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 12:17 PM by abelthorne.)
10-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Find
abelthorne Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Possibility to get a Steam key?

Hello,
I've bought the Penumbra trilogy a while ago from the Frictional store. Is there any chance I can get a Steam key or register my copy on Steam?
05-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Possibility to get a Steam key?

No, steam and retail are not interchangeable. You will have to purchase it again on Steam if you want it there.

Merged with a similar thread you made some time back.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2013, 07:54 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

You can always add Amnesia to your Steam Library as a non-steam game. You'll get the in-game overlay like usual, but of course, it's not an official Steam game.
06-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Find
abelthorne Offline

Yeah, I know that, but the point is to have it as a real Steam game for complete integration, eventual updates (though the game is beginning to be old and will likely not get future updates).

Now that the game market is mainly digital, it has become quite OS agnostic. In most cases, when you buy a digital copy of a game, you get it for Windows, Mac and Linux (when available). The OS-specific point has moved to the choice of a digital store (will I buy a game on Steam? from GOG? directly from the devs?).

In that context, Steam has become the de facto store/platform for games on Windows/Mac/Linux and a lot of developers, when starting a project, give a bonus Steam key to their buyers: Kickstarter projects, independant devs that use the Humble store; even game bundles like Humble Bundle, IndieGale, IndieGameStand, manage to offer the most options to their buyers (Steam key, sometimes Desura key or GOG key). So I thought maybe Frictional would embrace that new paradigm and give the possibility to their customers to have a Steam version of their games in addition to the DRM-free version when buying from their store).
06-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Well for Penumbra & Amnesia, that cannot happen. But for their future games like AAMFP and the HPL3 one, maybe yes.
06-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Find