Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphical Strip
SurrealSage Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Graphical Strip

Greetings,

Been playing this game since it came out, and haven't had a problem until I got my new PC. The parts are all upgrades, but I figure something went wrong...

A quick explanation as to what occurs. It is not vital, but it really ruins the experience. A small strip, probably an inch tall, extends across the entire screen, and slowly moves up. It isn't pitch black, but seems to be a jumble of graphics. It can blend, almost like looking through a bunch of small lenses, but you can't really discern anything through it. I found it occurs most often during movement, but if I stand still, it disappears and the game renders correctly.

I have updated my drivers, turned off SLI, ran on lowest settings possible, and it still persists.

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Processor 3.0GHz
16.0 GB Memory
2x Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 SE
Windows 7 Professional N Edition, 64 bit (6.1, build 7600)

I went ahead and reset my graphics settings by deleting the file in the save directory and restarting. However, the problem even persisted after that.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2011, 04:36 PM by SurrealSage.)
11-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Graphical Strip

It's tearing and you need to turn Vsync on to get rid of it.

11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Website Find
SurrealSage Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Graphical Strip

Thank you. I did not see that setting in the launcher, so I didn't try that. Only with your post did I realize it was ingame, lol.

Thanks!
11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Find