Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is fear?
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
What is fear?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQlRtavc0...ture=inbox

JUST WATCH THE COMMENTS!

Seriously, Dead Space 1 and 2 is really fun, Amnesia isn't fun. Amnesia is SCARY! while DS 1 and 2 isn't that much.

They say Amnesia is just a walk around? bah...

I don't want neither to say Dead Space is bad, I'm just saying that Amnesia is immersive and scarier than Dead Space! I mean really...

What do you think about it?

PS: The same thing happened in metascore, a guy voted 1 because "it was boring" when dead space 2 is really nice. He said he didnt get past the water part and never touched the game anymore! what an ...

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011, 11:53 PM by Hardarm.)
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Flame War against people who says DS 2 is scarier than Amnesia.

That's new to me. Dead Space... scary? How could be survival adventure scary? I mean really, does Resident Evil scary? No, it's an action with some small horror (if you even can call it like that) elements. But scary? no.

There is noting to discuss, just fanboy wars.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

When the game has shooting, there is no horror anymore

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
11-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Today's people cannot find more pointless things to discuss.
That's why I didn't want my precious Amnesia not to become mainstream...

11-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Anyone that is actually comparing how scary dead space is to amnesia should see antisocialfatman's review of dead space 2 on youtube, that should clear things up for them.

Posting Freak
11-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

(11-01-2011, 10:56 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: my precious Amnesia
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

11-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Website Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5

Why is this even an argument...? Like my post here said "Amnesia is a game that was influenced by H.P. Lovecraft and is made to immerse yourself into the unknown, into the fear and horror of life and death. Dead Space is a survival shooter, it has some horror things here and there but it's not even close to being compared to Amnesia. Both are good games, but they are completely different genres. Not sure why this is even an argument." Oh well, just fanboys I suppose...

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
11-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

I'm just enlightning this fact in a youtube video's comments.. but it happens in many! Wink

11-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I don't understand these kind of arguments. You just can't say that one game is scarier than the other because it always comes down to preference, fear is subjective and there's no way one game can be the scariest ever in a way that is "global" (couldn't find a better word for it). If he/she thinks DS2 is scarier than Amnesia, that's his/her opinion and he/she's totally entitled to it. It would've been a totally different thing if the topic in question was about game graphics, because there is a clear difference between good and bad graphics.

See the difference? I don't like people bashing on other people's subjective taste in music/games/books/movies because it has nothing to do with them. Discussing graphics really has nothing to do with taste, but actual technical differences that are either better or worse.

Flame wars is the worst thing ever to happen the Internet (except 4chan.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
11-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

No, actually there is no difference between fear of one with another. Worst fear is the fear of the unknown. It's the strongest fear of human beings and it reflects itself in literally every way. If the world is worse than it could've been today; it's because people don't try to know what's unknown to them, and continue to fear from it, thus having an urge to destroy it.

However, the joy of being scared can be changed from one to another. Some might like only jump scares; some might find jump scares stupidest thing ever. Dead Space relies on mostly jump scares, however first game has some psychological aspects with some good sound design, while second game is nothing more than an mediocre shooter game.
Today, most of the people enjoy mindless shooting. Dead Space series gives them mindless shooting and stupid jump scares; whereas Amnesia needs thinking...

How many of the gamers are able to think today? If they can't think, they can't enjoy Amnesia. But they can enjoy Dead Space. So, although their argument is that which one is scarier; I believe none of the people, who says DS 2 is scarier, played Amnesia, nor will be able to even if they try to.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011, 03:22 PM by Tanshaydar.)
11-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Website Find