Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to create a fully isolated full conversion
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: How to create a fully isolated full conversion

(06-04-2012, 08:23 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: What do you think I should do?

If you already have all the custom resources in their own folders, then you're one step closer to achieving full isolation. All that is required is for you to create a folder to store everything in, send everything into the folder, then modify the configuration files to point to the new locations.

It shouldn't take more than 7-15 minutes. I was able to convert Insomnia to a fully isolated FC within that time.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 08:44 PM by Your Computer.)
06-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Alright thank you both, it seems to be working just fine.I'll let you know if I have any more problems.

Previously for some stuff I was doing something idiotic: I was putting everything in one folder no matter what these were. That's why I think that I will have to open the maps in level editor and set new file locations.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 10:23 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Ok there are errors. Some stuff work and some not. I don't get it. I have added all the folder at resources but it insists loading them from the Amnesia default directories.

The LevelEditor says file index out of bounds and many things are missing because obviously it tries to load them from Amnesia.

EDIT: It seems that in-game things appear. The LevelEditor is the problem...

EDIT 2: I think everything is ok now. I copied my modified resources to Amnesia as well just for the editors. I wish that's the last thing but you'll never know.

Also, add to your guide to change the female jump voice (since we used the ptest files).
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012, 12:23 AM by plutomaniac.)
06-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(06-05-2012, 12:03 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Also, add to your guide to change the female jump voice (since we used the ptest files).

Done.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Website Find
Ermu Offline

Threads: 13

Is there a somekind of Resolution limit in the MenuLogo?
I can't get mine working...
It's in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\lang\eng\graphics\main_menu"
like it should.
I've checked the Menu.cfg million times.
The photo is a .jpg
06-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

Might sound like a stupid question but do i create the new folder inside redist or just in my Amnesia folder where the redist itself is? Because i didn't really get what you ment.

Hi.
07-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Website Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

inside the redist

07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Find
grasmann Offline

Threads: 2

I just tried this myself, but couldn't get it working.
However, when I downloaded your zip file and used your folder it worked.
I don't know where the files "test_mod.scpt" and "test_mod.sh" are comming from, but I guess that was the problem XD. If not I most likely missed something, well, doesn't matter right now.

Anyways ... I found something regarding the "resources.cfg". I don't know if this is commonly know by now, but it seems like the folders that are included first in the file are preferred.

Let me make this as clear as possible:

I installed the flashlight mod into the "test_mod" folder, but I still got the normal lantern in the game.
At first the model was working, but the sounds didn't, so I tested around a bit, untill both didn't work anymore XD.
Then I found the solution: I changed the folder order in the "resources.cfg" from ...

<Directory Path="/models" AddSubDirs="true" />
<Directory Path="/test_mod/models" AddSubDirs="true" />

... to ...

<Directory Path="/test_mod/models" AddSubDirs="true" />
<Directory Path="/models" AddSubDirs="true" />

So, what I want to say basically is:
The folders that are meant to overwrite standard files have to be included first.

Maybe I just missed it, but I think you haven't mentioned that in your tutorial. You might want to add it.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 01:43 PM by grasmann.)
09-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Okay, I did everything EXACTLY like you said (except naming it test_mod, I named it MG. I hope that's not the problem) And I still get an error when I try to start my game. Could I send you my file so you can check what the problem is?
02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-19-2013, 05:10 PM)Smoke Wrote: Okay, I did everything EXACTLY like you said (except naming it test_mod, I named it MG. I hope that's not the problem) And I still get an error when I try to start my game. Could I send you my file so you can check what the problem is?
Make sure the path is
redist/MG/
Maybe that what you did wrong?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Find