Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Anyone have a saved game?
hotsaucegoss Offline

Threads: 3
Exclamation  Anyone have a saved game?

I'm looking for someone who has a saved game where you took the explosives and blew up the cave-in to get out. I can't seem to get past the dogs and I've been working on this for about a week. Please help!
06-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Anyone have a saved game?

What sort of help? Do you know what you need but have trouble with the dog?

Spoiler below!
The dog can die, and if you're good with a hammer or axe, you can whack it a few times. It runs off, howls, then returns. When so, hit it some more and it will die.

Don't know what to get and/or where it is? Let me know what you have so far, that way I don't have to say TOO much on here that isn't needed.
06-11-2007, 04:00 AM
Find
hotsaucegoss Offline

I have tried several times to kill the dog with pickaxe and hammer . . . . even the jerky trick . . . no luck, just keep getting killed. Keep in mind .. . . I'm really new to the whole RPG thing too, so be gentle.
06-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

Spoiler below!
There are still some options. You can practice on how to hit things with your axe. Basically, that's holding down the left mouse key, move the mouse wheel to the right, then back left again (or move it left, then right). Once you're good at it, take a deep breath and then go after that dog. You can if you want, start off with a beef jerky, making sure he doesn't see you, have him distracted, then whack him a good one, and keep hitting him as he gets back up. He will run off, howl, then come back at you. Be sure that when he runs off, you are in good health. If not, use some painkillers if you have any.
If killing just isn't the thing, try to place a beef jerky on the ground, again, without him seeing you, and as he eats it, sneak by and get the TNT and such.
Remember, you don't have to kill the dog. Sneaking around and staying out of sight works. The object is to progress, not so much to kill.
So, like I said, if killing really isn't the way, the beef jerky, and/or simply sneak around him.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2007, 05:36 AM by Greatred.)
06-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Find
metaph3r Offline

Threads: 1

hotsaucegoss Wrote:I have tried several times to kill the dog with pickaxe and hammer . . . . even the jerky trick . . . no luck, just keep getting killed. Keep in mind .. . . I'm really new to the whole RPG thing too, so be gentle.

My best way to kill the dogs was to throw barrels (or stones, chairs, ...) at them. Pick one and throw it at the dog. It will first fall and the stand up again. Now it will run away some meters till it gets back. In this time you can grep the barrel again. Do this 4 to 5 times and the dog is dead.

In the later levels you should throw the barrel right after it stands up because if it manages to run away it will call its brothers.
06-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Find
mytago
Unregistered

metaph3r Wrote:
hotsaucegoss Wrote:I have tried several times to kill the dog with pickaxe and hammer . . . . even the jerky trick . . . no luck, just keep getting killed. Keep in mind .. . . I'm really new to the whole RPG thing too, so be gentle.

My best way to kill the dogs was to throw barrels (or stones, chairs, ...) at them. Pick one and throw it at the dog. It will first fall and the stand up again. Now it will run away some meters till it gets back. In this time you can grep the barrel again. Do this 4 to 5 times and the dog is dead.

In the later levels you should throw the barrel right after it stands up because if it manages to run away it will call its brothers.

I usually throw once with barrel, rock etc. and after that i go and kick dog's ass with hammer or axe Smile

EDIT: and hello everyone, im new here at the forums!
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2007, 03:42 PM by Halps.)
06-11-2007, 03:41 PM
hotsaucegoss Offline

Thanks everyone! I'll go give it a try.
06-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Find
aidanr Offline

Threads: 0

Also the savegame files are really easy to edit in a text editor, so you can max out your health, flashlight power etc Wink

I got stuck at one stage where there were loads of spiders and my flashlight battery was drained, so I cheated a bit
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2007, 03:38 AM by drelor.)
06-12-2007, 03:31 AM
Find
Abysmal Offline

Threads: 4

@ aidanr:
boo.. dont you know that cheating ruins games? You should try beating it once thru before you cheat. Plus, the torch is kind of lame, you should just use the glow stick its just as good.

any luck hotsaucegoss? I think you should try Jeremy-Bailey's advice if you haven't already.

te audire no possum, musa sapienum fixa est in aura
06-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Find
hotsaucegoss Offline

No luck so far. Still trying. I'm so lame at these RPG games. I don't want to lose interest in the game, but it's getting close.
06-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Find