Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture: Stuck in Chemical Storage
tinibutton Offline

Threads: 1
Overture: Stuck in Chemical Storage

Hello,
I'm new to the forums and am hoping someone can help me. I just recently went into the Chemical Storage for the first time and the worm scared the crap out of me! I ran and did not see the first door switch on the left, I quickly hopped across the crates and stood in the next room in front of the wooden barrier, figuring the worm would get stuck in the acid (which it did). It didn't seem to die but it stayed writhing in the acid, creeping me out so I pushed the switch and closed the doors.

I went through the next room gathering all the chemicals I could find, and left before I realized I forgot chemical C. Now I've tried to return multiple times but once I go into the hall where the worm attacks, I'm stuck. I can't open the main door once it closes behind me, and the second door that I shut is still closed, trapping me in. The first switch is green but does nothing when I switch it to red.

Thank you to anyone who has any suggestions!
~ Mandi
11-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Find
Numbsnarknit Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Overture: Stuck in Chemical Storage

I don't know. You should have an autosave from the previous session, try loading that.
11-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
lesley Offline

Threads: 6

HELP! I am still stuck there, going on a week or two now, seriously. At first I thought I had to push crates to jump across acid pit, when I run across, I die over and over. only a couple times now I have made it to the second door switch. but when I try to move those bloody crates to the acid the worm kills me. once I got two crates to acid but couldn't get across it anyway. I have literally tried HUNDREDS of times, my wrists (carpal tunnel and arthritis are killing me)! Does ANYONE have a save file that can get me past this place??? I am getting desperate. I have found NO way to get across the second acid. I even tried to reset the game on easy although I don't think it will change since I have been playing in normal mode...HELP!!! Sad
11-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Find
tinibutton Offline

Threads: 1
RE: OvertuStuck in Chemical Storage

(11-07-2011, 01:29 AM)lesley Wrote: HELP! I am still stuck there, going on a week or two now, seriously. ...
Oh no I'm sorry, that would be so frustrating. I think I got lucky the very first time across the acid, must've been adrenaline or something! I was so sure I was going to fall. I remember I didn't push any boxes in, and hopped to the closest one on the left first. I also ran as I was jumping so I got more distance. I'm sorry I don't have a save to offer you!

Unfortunately I was overly efficient in cleaning up extra saves, I deleted my previous save so I was really stuck. Man have I learned my lesson on doing that. I poked around in my save file in Notepad, and was able to add chemical C to my inventory. =P It felt a bit like cheating but I was able to finish the game, and am now on Black Plague. Thank you for the responses guys =)
11-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Find
lesley Offline

ok here I am, another several hundred attempts. I have gotten NO further than shoving the only two crates into the second acid pool and I either immediately get killed by the worm OR immediately fall INTO the acid. or stand on the stupid crate for a full second wondering NOW WHAT...with NO where to go to get to the other side.
I am no longer enjoying this game, just want to get PAST this frigging point!!! once again my wrists are already swelling, ugh I HATE this but I am obsessed with getting past this point. It takes me SO long to click the tab button once I DO manage to get to the second switch, then have to smash the fence which is like slowmo with that stinking pickax THEN run to second fence and smash that, THEN click TAB again to put stupid pickax back into inventory OMG This is literally making me postal, is there a key for the pickax? I tried P and got a stupid NOTE instead out of inventory. I FREAKING HATE this game now.
11-07-2011, 03:29 AM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

This part pissed me off too because I didn't know what to do for the longest time. I ended up looking up a video on how to get past it, and afterwards I felt incredibly stupid.
You can set a hotkey for the pickaxe by dragging it (in your inventory) to one of the numbers at the top of the screen. It's been a while since I last played, so I don't remember if that's exactly how.

Watch if you want:

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011, 03:57 AM by Frost.)
11-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Find
lesley Offline

O M G I need to find a way to GET that file. Seriously. MY mouse, my pickax NOTHING works like in this video. My pickax is slow mo, the mouse is all over. I CAN NOT run across the acid because the crates are BOBBING in it and I fall in. WHAT THE HELL? MY images do not look like this. Sorry I have to go outside and scream right now. Sad that would be a GRRRRRR face
11-07-2011, 04:12 AM
Find
lesley Offline

two days later, STILL stuck here. I only had enuf time to get to the other side ONCE. seems I can't get the crates lined up to get across. The video makes it look so easy but I can't run across. Only once I actually flew across, but turned around and the worm was already there and killed me. There is something major wrong, no matter how fast I move I do not beat the worm. DOES ANYONE have a SAVE to get me to the OTHER SIDE??? DESPERATE.
11-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Have you closed the red (almost pink) door behind you? As you see in the video at the start there is a button to click to close the door.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2011, 09:05 AM by jens.)
11-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Website Find
lesley Offline

I run into the room 90mph, hit the switch on the left which shuts first door. RUN like the wind and sometimes make it across the first acid pit by jumping. THEN hit the second switch. THEN have to hit tab, take out pickax, break fence. THEN put pickax away, grab barrel and jump over second fence. TRY to push the crate to acid. THEN get to crate by acid and push that in. Already the worm is breaking down door number two. 95% of the million times I push those crates I can't reach other side. ONCE I reached other side, but had to hit tab, double click pickax AGAIN, and the worm was in and killed me before I could turn and find the stupid pillar . I can't make a hotkey for the pickax because the save point is exactly where that cut screen begins. I am pretty much giving up on this game it is SO freaking aggravating. There is NO save point anywhere like in Amnesia so its cut scene over and over and over. Beyond tedious.
and I am talking weeks now stuck in the exact same place. UNable to get to the pillar before the worm is IN the room and kills me.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2011, 05:31 PM by lesley.)
11-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Find