Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get order number (box version)
LockeLiefather Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Can't get order number (box version)

Hello, I'm new here so welcome everyone! :3

Firstly, i want to sorry for my english, 'couse I'm from Poland and I don't use this language so much.

Secondly: my problem. I buy myself Amnesia: The Dark Descent form the market, in the box. I think it's so called "retali version". So i do not have any e-mails, only serial code from manual. I want to play in Justine and White Night, and to play it, game asks for order number wich i don't have! Where can i get this? It was large shop called "Empik" and i don't even have a receipt (but truly, this receipt is the same when i buy cucumber so it wasn't that i think)
11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Can't get order number (box version)

you mean serial key? That should have come with the box of the game I guess.
11-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Find
LockeLiefather Offline

Nope. I have serial key, i need order number which you type to frictional games shelf.
11-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Why do you need an order number?
Order number is given those who purchased the game from Frictional Store. You don't have an order number and won't have one unless you purchase the game from Frictional Store.

11-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Website Find
LockeLiefather Offline

Because game wants me to type order number when i want to play Amnesia "Justin" and mod called "White Night".

So, i can't play it because i bought game in normal store? I think it's quite unfair.
11-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You have to download the update for the game from the publisher of the boxed version.
11-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(11-08-2011, 10:04 PM)LockeLiefather Wrote: Because game wants me to type order number when i want to play Amnesia "Justin" and mod called "White Night".

So, i can't play it because i bought game in normal store? I think it's quite unfair.

Nothing is unfair. You need to download this update.
http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=6210

And game doesn't want you to enter your order number. It wants your SERIAL KEY.

11-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Website Find
LockeLiefather Offline

Ok, so it finally worked! What I did it?

Patch from post above doesn't work. You see, i need patch from my polish publisher of the game. And yes, game asks for ORDER NUMBER 'cause maybe I'm not the best speaker, but I understand what is wrote on my PC. Somehow, patch for internet version works with my retail version, but creates new folder called "redist" and puts game there. Anyway, serial is too long to type in there, and this thing don't accept letters like "o" or "0" and "-".

But it works, everything is fine, so thanks guys, I really appreciate your help, because without it I wouldn't get this work. Thanks again, problem is solved!
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Find
lacko Offline

(11-09-2011, 09:23 PM)LockeLiefather Wrote: Ok, so it finally worked! What I did it?

Patch from post above doesn't work. You see, i need patch from my polish publisher of the game. And yes, game asks for ORDER NUMBER 'cause maybe I'm not the best speaker, but I understand what is wrote on my PC. Somehow, patch for internet version works with my retail version, but creates new folder called "redist" and puts game there. Anyway, serial is too long to type in there, and this thing don't accept letters like "o" or "0" and "-".

But it works, everything is fine, so thanks guys, I really appreciate your help, because without it I wouldn't get this work. Thanks again, problem is solved!
Hi!
I think I have the same problem as you did. Im hungarian but I also bought a polish cd version of the game. I tried to install the update for the game, wich also made a new "redist" folder and now when I try to sart the game it asks for a serial number. My serial is too long for the window and it has an o and 0 in it, that doesnt work. So I want to ask you, how did you make it work? Where did you download the update file that worked?

One more thing! I have read, that I should try to download the update from the polish retailer. I dont speak polish, but I think I have found the link where I could download it from, but it asks me about an order number. (http://www.gry-online.pl/S030.asp?ID=33612) Is this where I should search for it?
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2012, 07:07 PM by lacko.)
01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Find