Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

need to buy the game for each platform???
hero1900 Offline

Threads: 2
need to buy the game for each platform???

i just has this problem when steam has the discount on the game i was checking desura for a discount since i am using linux and actually i didnt check the game website it self soi waited for 2 weeks to see if it will be discounted on desura but nah . so i decide to get it from steam and i play it through wine with no big issues. but of course i want a Linux version. now you can answer my subject do i have to buy the game separately for each platform ??

11-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: need to buy the game for each platform???

Purchasing it from the FrictionalGames store would have given you the option to download for all supported platforms.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Website Find
hero1900 Offline

i didn't know about these condition and these regulation i just check games on steam and desura.
and actually when i checked last time the game website it didn't have Linux version
so i didn't check again. its just hard time when you want to buy Linux version. for desura they didnt know that they should change the price them selves. make me confused.

11-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(11-07-2011, 09:31 PM)hero1900 Wrote: and actually when i checked last time the game website it didn't have Linux version

Are you sure? All three versions (Windows, Mac, Linux) were released simultaneously and all of them were available through Frictional store upon release, and always.

11-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Website Find
hero1900 Offline

maybe i am mistaken i check it when it long time ago
but thats what happen so it means i cant get it since i bought it from steam, which has only windows version.
okey thx i just get confused i check desura and saw that there is no promotion so i thought its only windows promotion, usually companies make that so i thought its windows offer.
thx

finally so i need to buy it again if i want linux version, since i didnt buy it officially (or what so ever)??
thats what i can get from the unfocus replies. i just want an answer yes or no please no further thing. you can say i was stupid and i buy it on steam so do i need to buy it again for linux???

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011, 10:53 PM by hero1900.)
11-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

If you buy it on steam, you get it both for Windows and Mac. Linux isn't supported on steam.

Here check this out. http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/...nder_Linux might help.
11-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Find
hero1900 Offline

i already mention that i am using it under wine now
thx for reply

11-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

If you want to run it natively on Linux, you'll have to purchase it again from a distributor that offers the Linux version of the game. Valve is being "lazy" when it comes to making Steam available for Linux, so you're going to be waiting a very long time (years) before we see even the slightest chance of Steam running natively on Linux.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Website Find
hero1900 Offline

thx guys for reply, the annoying thing here is i did contact frictionalgames for this matter since i want to know wheather i need to buy again. and it appears that no one caring to answer me. thats why i get angry.
11-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(11-08-2011, 12:05 AM)hero1900 Wrote: thx guys for reply, the annoying thing here is i did contact frictionalgames for this matter since i want to know wheather i need to buy again. and it appears that no one caring to answer me. thats why i get angry.
If you want to play it on linux hassle free you will have to buy it again.

BUT it might be possible to ask a refund from steam support, not 100% sure if it will work or not but would be worth a try.
11-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Find