Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rising Water in Amnesia Help
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Rising Water in Amnesia Help

I used a rising water mesh created using the block box mesh for my first mod. I'll scrounge out a download link for you.

See if this works for you: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15242496/watertrap.ent
Extract it into your entities folder. Simply use SetMoveObjectStateExt() and adjust the arguments until you get a satisfactory result. Enjoy!

P.S. if the player goes underneath the water, they won't see the water. It is only visible from the outside.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011, 07:12 PM by palistov.)
11-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I just actually had a REALLY good idea... set a particle system! I can make one if you fill me in on the details (speed, size, how high the water floods, etc.) I can make it a particle system so it can collide with anything, it can move at the speed you like, and no scripting is necessary! Please, give me the info and I can get it to you ASAP.

If you want me to livestream while I make it, let me know as well!

Livestream is up for anyone to watch.
http://livestream.com/horrorlp
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011, 11:01 PM by Statyk.)
11-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

I have it working. it starts automatically when placed, so my solution is to make an area and have the flooding water particle spawn on it when and where you'd like. I have it completed, check out my livestream!!
11-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12

Could I perhaps use another item, some other solid item that can be a moving object then just make the texture water? Then I can just put the 'Y' scale to 0.01 and stretch out the 'X' and 'Z'. I saw another thing in the editor, joints? There is a slider one, could that work?

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
11-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

Slider wouldn't work (or at least not as easily as the alternative solution), as it would attempt to always settle at the bottom of the joint unless you applied a constant force to the appropriate body, which is much more complicated than setting the type to "MoveObject", the direction to "Y" in the model editor. Then unchecking "collides" in the level editor and using SetMoveObjectStateExt to transform the platform up-down (Note that this transformation is independent of the rotation of the object!).

I would advise having a few water areas set up and activate them one by one throughout the vertical movement so that objects appear to float at least somewhat realistically.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2011, 02:10 AM by Apjjm.)
11-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(11-10-2011, 02:01 AM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: Could I perhaps use another item, some other solid item that can be a moving object then just make the texture water? Then I can just put the 'Y' scale to 0.01 and stretch out the 'X' and 'Z'. I saw another thing in the editor, joints? There is a slider one, could that work?
Did you NOT read my response? I have your rising water. I made it from scratch as a particle system. if you come watch my livestream, you can see it! >> If you don't like it, I'll keep it for myself. But I'm offering it to you because you want it and I HAVE IT and would like to share. It works beautifully.

http://livestream.com/horrorlp
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2011, 02:23 AM by Statyk.)
11-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12

Oh soorrry. I must have been typing my response whilst you did yours. I hadn't seen your comments before I posted last. I'm very excited. I can give you the details of exactly what I want, but I'd prefer to PM you that. I'll check your stream.

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
11-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Find