Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rising Water in Amnesia Help
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12
Rising Water in Amnesia Help

Hi, I need help making water rise in amnesia. Effectively all I am really asking for is how to make a plane rise (as that is what the water is). So is it possible to have a plane rising steadily? I believe this occurred in Penumbra Requiem.

Thanks in advance.

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
11-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Rising Water in Amnesia Help

Um..not that I know off..You could just make a bunch of planes and make them unactive and set them on timers to get the *illusion* they are rising?

11-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

You need to create an entity of type MoveObject in the model editor. That entity will be a plane with one of the water textures. In the User defined variables make sure the MoveAxis is Y.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-08-2011, 10:19 AM)Your Computer Wrote: You need to create an entity of type MoveObject in the model editor. That entity will be a plane with one of the water textures. In the User defined variables make sure the MoveAxis is Y.
Also, when putting it in game, make sure the "Collides" box is UNCHECKED. Not sure exactly, but it may cause bugs (perhaps a crash) if it collides with the entire map.
11-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

If I get the plane to rise, could I also have the liquid script area expand with it / just simply rise with it?

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
11-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-09-2011, 04:33 AM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: If I get the plane to rise, could I also have the liquid script area expand with it / just simply rise with it?
Just make the "liquid area" really tall (or as tall as you need, combine it with the rising water plane. and set the COMPOUND to rise so both rise at the same time.
11-09-2011, 05:03 AM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Okay cool, so now that I know that will work, I don't suppose you could elaborate on the model editor? I've never used it before. Thought it might be simple, but I can't even figure out how to load the water plane in it.

11-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

entities/special/water_planes

Open the entity and just modify the user defined variables.

11-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Website Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I loaded up entities/special/water_planes in the amnesia model editor and went to settings, user defined variables and made it MoveAxis Y. This is all I did and left the other settings as default (no doubt I'll want to change the rate at which it moves and stuff, but I just wanted to see it work first), then saved it off as a different name so I didn't overwrite anything and loaded it in my map. This didn't work at all though. I get a crash report when I load the entity in my game.

As I say, I hate being a bother with my questions, but I just reallly want this to work. It will kind of make/break my game.

I assume I have to alter the other settings in the user defined section to make it work properly? If anyone has done a similar thing, can you just tell me all the settings you changed to get an entity to rise? Sorry everyone for being a pain, but I love you all.

11-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

If it makes you feel any better, i did the same thing and the game crashed on me too. Maybe planes aren't suitable as moving objects, or maybe you need to use another base mesh.

11-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Website Find