Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia's being a little amnesiac, among other things
Jinx Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia's being a little amnesiac, among other things

Today I went to go play Amnesia, only to find that it won't do normal saves, it's only registering autosaves. So saving and exiting isn't doing anything.

Also when I went to touch the little cylinder thing in the desk in the laboratory, the game shows the message and then just... Stays there. I can still exit the game and hear the sound and everything, but the message won't go away like it should. I tried to do a save and exit when this happened (which didn't really take either, it didn't register I had looked at the cylinder already I think), but when I went back to play again the controls weren't responding and only exiting the game completely fixed that.

It was not doing any of this last time I played, and if it makes any difference I did just install the Justine expansion. I don't know how well that works, I haven't tried it just yet... I'm a little afraid something worse might happen if I do.

EDIT:// Well the Justine expansion seems to work just fine, and if I don't touch that cylinder in the laboratory in the normal game nothing freezes. I just hope not touching that doesn't result in something that should happen not happening. The save is still being weird too, but not to the point where it's game breaking. I'd still like to know why it's doing that though.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2011, 12:36 AM by Jinx.)
11-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia's being a little amnesiac, among other things

Is the game from steam? Then it could be a cache problem, try verifying cache integrity on the game in steam.
11-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Website Find
Jinx Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia's being a little amnesiac, among other things

No, I got my copy from a Gamestop.
11-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Find