Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Do you like to be scared?
Unregistered

Do you like to be scared?

Since Penumbra is a horror game... Do you like being genuinely scared? You know when your heart starts to increase and you start to feel a panic building inside you?

I for one, love being scared. There's just something about it... It could be anything that gets my heart going... a good book, horror movie or a game like Penumbra or System Shock 2. Fear is my favorite emotion. I love it all from jumps in a movie to a nightmare late at night.

06-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

RE: Do you like to be scared?

I never thought about it. I don't usually go for horror, though I thought that Penumbra used it well, I think of it in the abstract as being similar to a good dramatic tension.

I liked Lovecraft's stories because of the interesting ideas. Having read them I now suspect those ideas of his to be behind a lot of modern horror, including Stephen King's work, (which hardly qualifies as horror itself for the most part.) I also see Lovecraft's work as being a large influence on the story behind Half Life.
06-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

I hate being scared and i hate wasting my time, so i don't like very much the horror games and the graphic adventures where you have to walk from a place to another one only because you didn't talk with someone.. >:-(

I liked Penumbra cause i knew where the monsters were! Tongue
06-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

I love being scared as well.. but Penumbra and fear have been the only 2 games that brought out the FEAR in me.
06-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

I also like the role-playing aspect of a game. I like to sometimes act like I think the character would in the situation rather than how I would as a player who knows that this is just a video game. Sometimes I'll do that even after I've played a game through once.
06-23-2006, 03:34 AM
Unregistered

I don't like to be scared alone, I like to be scared with a friend.
06-23-2006, 03:49 AM
Unregistered

Yep, being scared with a friend is really cool! I didn't think about it..yes, i like being scared with a friend! Smile
06-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

I find that being with a friend takes away from being scared. It breaks my immersion, atleast in a game.
06-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Nate Wrote:I find that being with a friend takes away from being scared. It breaks my immersion, atleast in a game.

Well, for me it doesn't it actually doesn't just make it scary it makes it awesome. But really I love scary co-op games, cause you know it's scary but you have a friend to be scared with.
06-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

....well... D:

kind of. i usualy get to envolved ing ames like i shut off all the lights in my room close the door and use head phones soo i usualy get into it in penumbra i kept getting freaked out i would hear somthing and run into a room and block the door off. xD
and it was fun but the hole i cant protect myself was kinda scary O.o

Ive never been more freaked out though ^^
07-06-2006, 06:15 PM