Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Did you feel sorry for Red in the end?
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Did you feel sorry for Red in the end?

(08-07-2011, 06:24 AM)Bek Wrote:
(07-31-2011, 07:44 AM)BendyBread Wrote: If "she" hit you in your mentally unstable position, you'd eventually end up dying. Thats what I dont understand about the puzzle. When you kill her, Clarence tells you he was messing with your brain.
The trick is, Clarence wasn't messing with you. That really was a tuurngait (sp probably wrong). His trick was to make you think you'd just killed your last hope by making it appear as her body. That's why you can still be killed by it.
Oh. So really "she" wasn't real, it was just Clarence messing with your head. God that's confusing, and I hate Clarence even more now.

Does that mean Clarence was tricking you into "hearing" her voice? :C
08-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Find
Seven Offline

Threads: 1

I didn't feel sorry for Red. He wanted to die, so I had no problem flipping the switch. I also don't understand the character's remorse. Well, I suppose if I look at it as the only person that gave him company and helped him in his time of need, I guess I can see the remorse.

But I would be thanking him as opposed to feeling so sorry for him that my mind played tricks about it in the beginning of the second game. But that's just me.
Awesome puzzle, though!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 11:46 PM by Seven.)
08-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

(08-07-2011, 07:56 AM)BendyBread Wrote: Does that mean Clarence was tricking you into "hearing" her voice? :C

Possibly, she could have been alive for some small time whilst you where in the mine, or she could have been dead /mostly fictional. You'd have to look at the possibilities with locked doors and what not. Still, Clarence was pretty awesome. The other bit of evidence for this theory I forgot to mention is that because it CAN kill you, it has to be real - because if clarence could make you feel fake pain, enough for you to die from it, he would have used that ability in various other sections to ensure your demise.
08-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8

Well she may not even exist at all, it may all be in Philip's mind. You have to remember that Clarence needed Philip as a host so he was unlikely to kill him. I think he was literally just bored and decided to mess with his head for a laugh. At that stage in the game Philip was seeing all kinds of stuff, its not impossible.
08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Website Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Clarence claims to want to kill you and himself at times, but he could easily be lying. It's hard to impossible to know for sure the motives of a symbiotic alien intelligence.
08-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Find
SmashPixel Offline

Threads: 0

I was always afraid of red when i saw the pic, but he sounded so friendly and nice so i felt kinda bad when i burned him Sad . It's really annoying in BP in the nightmare part becuase it makes me think of that voice..... Undecided [Image: burningman1680x1050_2.jpg&w=500&h=313&ei...x=91&ty=55]
10-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Website Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I just finished the game on friday night. After I killed him, I kinda regret not listening to him. And then after reading his notes in his room, I wana go back and listen to what he said throughout the game.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
11-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

Hell yeah.

At the beginning of Overture, before Red even took the first contact to Philip I already felt so lonely that I was like "Oh my god another human! <3" when it happened. I got mad at him when he guided Philip to the spider tunnel although it wasn't necessary, but towards the end I started to warm up for him again.

I had decided I'll save him and he was a pretty huge motivator at those times when I had to walk straight to the dark hallways that were full of dogs and I didn't want to go. :'D When I arrived to the burner room and Red told he wanted Philip to kill him I was like "nooo no no no don't you dare" and kept wandering around the room for several minutes and searching for any other way to go forward.

After finding none I spent another moment at staring the button. Then I pressed it. Red started screaming and I started mashing the button again: "NO changed my mind! CHANGED MY MIND! F---!" When I got the key and went to examine Red's room and stuff I was just swearing heavily and feeling lonelier than ever before in a game.

~
12-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Website Find