Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappearing Decals?
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
Disappearing Decals?

I seem to place decals in my map and place them in the entities folder in my CS. <----(Does that matter? Does it have to be in texture?) I'm asking this because it was fine and the decals appear fine. Then when I test the map again latter there all gone? I deleted map caches; would that matter?

11-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Disappearing Decals?

It shouldn't affect it by putting it in the entities folder, but it might help to put it in the redist/textures/decals folder. The game may not be able to read images that aren't in the main directory or the resources.cfg... If that doesn't work, the game may just need to be completely restarted. Sometimes the game needs to refresh its resources.

PS, I love how you almost have 30 views here, but not a single reply. lol
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2011, 01:15 AM by Statyk.)
11-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Disappearing Decals?

(11-21-2011, 01:12 AM)Statyk Wrote: It shouldn't affect it by putting it in the entities folder, but it might help to put it in the redist/textures/decals folder. The game may not be able to read images that aren't in the main directory or the resources.cfg... If that doesn't work, the game may just need to be completely restarted. Sometimes the game needs to refresh its resources.

PS, I love how you almost have 30 views here, but not a single reply. lol
I know, sometimes it will show the decals, and sometimes it wont? Does this have something to do with I've already loaded the map and it stores a map cache? If i deleted the caches would it work fine on another players computer?

P.S: I reckon Smile

11-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Find