Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Custom Story Should I Play!
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: What Custom Story Should I Play!

(11-22-2011, 01:27 AM)kman Wrote:
(11-21-2011, 10:41 PM)BlueFury Wrote: white night, abduction, through the portal, la caza and baldo's discovery
those look good
gonna lets play too, i havent played them
but i heard that these are the best :]
Quote: OK thanks hope you stay updated and subscribe me on youtube and thumb my videos up!
could you plz stop advertising
Ok, i'm sorry but howw do you even BEGIN to compare baldo's discovery to any of the others posted there... I mean sure it's not BAD but it's no where close to any of the others listed there, *spoiler* I mean it relies completely on jump scares...*spoiler*. Anyways, i'd say play the attic or nepsis, those were really good.
The Attic was terrible
11-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(11-23-2011, 07:45 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(11-21-2011, 10:41 PM)BlueFury Wrote: white night, abduction, through the portal, la caza and baldo's discovery
those look good
Quote: OK thanks hope you stay updated and subscribe me on youtube and thumb my videos up!
Ok, i'm sorry but howw do you even BEGIN to compare baldo's discovery to any of the others posted there... I mean sure it's not BAD but it's no where close to any of the others listed there, *spoiler* I mean it relies completely on jump scares...*spoiler*. Anyways, i'd say play the attic or nepsis, those were really good.
The Attic was terrible
whaaaaat?! the attic was great! i mean sure, it was short, the story was weak, and the mapping wasn't great, but it's scares made up for all those problems. i mean, i've played a LOT of custom stories, and that had me freaking out almost as bad as the main game (nepsis is the only custom story that has been as scary as the main game for me though)

Posting Freak
11-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(11-23-2011, 08:58 AM)kman Wrote:
(11-23-2011, 07:45 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
those look good
The Attic was terrible
whaaaaat?! the attic was great! i mean sure, it was short, the story was weak, and the mapping wasn't great, but it's scares made up for all those problems. i mean, i've played a LOT of custom stories, and that had me freaking out almost as bad as the main game (nepsis is the only custom story that has been as scary as the main game for me though)
That is the point the scares were bland and unimaginative

Okay

If you've ever seen any of Ben Yahtzee Croshaw's reviews(Zero Punctuation), one of his gripes on Dead Space is this, he'd thought there was going to be some pacing and atmosphere building, but gets frustrated because of monster's and lots of them at the very beginning, and describes it as 'the monsters are so fucking eager for screen time that they fight each other for the privilege'

This is my gripe with The Attic, there are SO MANY monsters, that very quickly it became not so much scary as it was...annoying and frustrating, there were so many monsters and no pacing, that it overloaded my ability to be frightened anymore

But it's just my opinion, other people don't agree with me, some people think it's great, I'm actually unaware of anyone else who dislikes The Attic tbh
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2011, 03:55 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
11-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Website Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

in my opinion, zombie escape was weak, but thats probably me
especially the grunt humping that closet all the time

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
11-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Find
cageoffun Offline

Threads: 3

OK soooooo guys i choosed THE BALDO´s DISCOVERY and it was the FCKING CREEPIEST CUSTOM STORY EVER! Here's the link ;P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34oYK3POK...re=feedbul
11-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Find