Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[Spoiler]The man in the end of the game
Eragon Offline

Threads: 8
RE: [Spoiler]The man in the end of the game

Don't worry about him. He thinks hes the best because hes english so he knows how to spell better and your hungarian and so you spell bad. I'm portuguese and i'm a little good at english.
But anyway...this is getting waaaayyyyyy to off topic!

I personaly just think that Philip was just knocked out by that guy that might hidden himself in one of those doors when the lights turned out.
There's only 1 way to find out...wait for episode 2.

Penumbra Overture- Its an EXCELLENT game.
Penumbra Black Plague- is AMAZING!
Penumbra Requiem - ...
08-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

we have to understand that we have a lot of different languages here. If I had to type out words in Swedish, I'd sound pretty bad.

but on topic, maybe an accomplice. one person you see, the other grabs you from behind. If the dark figure was the one that grabbed you, why show himself? You were heading down that way anyways. and in most cases, those who grab you, are hidden. not always. it's possible it was him, but maybe he was just the bait.
08-01-2007, 03:03 AM
Find
Mango Offline

Threads: 0

Spoiler below!
I remember hearing the sound of a door opening just before someone knocks poor Phillip unconscious. It also happened to coincidentally occur right after Phillip passed the doors in the hallway.
08-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

alarm4444 Wrote:I am not american, I hungarian, and I 15 years old. But this topic is created for a a question about the man, and not for my english grammar. So, Roboman, shut up.
Actually, you're doing quite fine (Though English is foreign for me too, so maybe I'm not the right person to judge), you just dropped a few verbs that, thinking about it, are redundant anyway.

Concerning the events at the ending, I think Mango is right, And Jeremy too, though he only suspected there was another person.

I don't think the hallway-end-person knocked Philip down, because I can't really imagine anyone sneaking past Philip in such a narrow hallway unnoticed, even in total darkness (which isn't total anymore when you actiate your glowstick).

Additionally, his (or her, or maybe it's) posture didn't look like he/she/it would attack.
If he/she/it is human, he (I'll call the shadow "he from now on... getting annoyed by myself) just looks like he's waiting for Philip to approach him.
He might still be there to lure Philip into a trap, as Jeremy suspected, but I'm certain we won't find out before at least Episode 2 is released, maybe not even after having played Episode 3 Wink

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
08-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Eragon Wrote:But anyway...this is getting waaaayyyyyy to off topic!

Yeah, this is goin' to off-topic!

But I think that he was knocked down by some other guy, like I said before...

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2007, 10:45 AM by Ano.)
08-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Website Find
chef_julian Offline

Threads: 0

Scraper Wrote:

my best guess is that he was knocked down by someone else...and the guy in the end is just a dead guy hanging there to attract phillip to a trap...maybe is the guy that got eaten at the begining of the game in the small room, u know the guy that cutted his tongue off...maybe its his dead decaying body hanging there as a trap... Smile at the end, this game is like the first blair witch movie...it just leaves u with the cuestion...what happened then?
09-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

chef_julian Wrote:
Scraper Wrote:

my best guess is that he was knocked down by someone else...and the guy in the end is just a dead guy hanging there to attract phillip to a trap...maybe is the guy that got eaten at the begining of the game in the small room, u know the guy that cutted his tongue off...maybe its his dead decaying body hanging there as a trap... Smile at the end, this game is like the first blair witch movie...it just leaves u with the cuestion...what happened then?

So your thought is that it wasn't an animal that killed him?

09-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Website Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

if your theory is true, how was he able to stand like that? I didn't see any noose or anything
09-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:if your theory is true, how was he able to stand like that? I didn't see any noose or anything
Wires and nails can work miracles Wink

Actually, I'm pretty sure I saw him move. Not much, just a slight swaying, like he was breathing.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
09-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:if your theory is true, how was he able to stand like that? I didn't see any noose or anything

True! I don't think that he was dead. Sounds just too boring to me.

09-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Website Find