Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What are you looking forward the most in this mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The scares.
5.88%
1 5.88%
The story.
17.65%
3 17.65%
The whole thing!
76.47%
13 76.47%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Work in progress The Hands Resist Him
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39
RE: The Hands Resist Him

Well I guess your right, sorry for my rudeness.
01-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

The first trailer has a few minor spelling errors, but for obvious reasons I'm not planning to dwell on that. Pacing at the start was nice, albeit a little traditional, but still in essence well done. It's later on in the trailer that I found some snags, for instance: the camera reveals monsters too often -- one should aim for creating a sense of mystery for any possible threats within a story, even if the players are already familiar with the models in use. Try for diversity with what the person is doing, whether it's been done to death or not it helps highlight various aspects of what the story offers. Neither of the trailers you had seemed to be mentioning many of these things (though if they did I've already completely forgotten: another sign that your commercializing needs improvement).

(01-01-2013, 10:30 PM)jssjr90 Wrote: Well I guess your right, sorry for my rudeness.

You're not rude for getting square over tomfoolery -- it's your thread, isn't it? You can question the actions of others.

The second trailer had many things which I liked, and I thought the way it presented itself to be quite creepy. Though it was too long, I thought your voice actor did a nice job; maybe a little work on his pronunciation of words, as each one requires a appealing emotional delivery -- ask him to crack his voice every once and awhile (seeing as his character's been through hell this does seem appropriate)-- long and short pauses between either sentences or paragraphs might be good too, but be careful not to overdue it.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2013, 10:53 PM by failedALIAS.)
01-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

(01-01-2013, 10:46 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: The first trailer has a few minor spelling errors, but for obvious reasons I'm not planning to dwell on that. Pacing at the start was nice, albeit a little traditional, but still in essence well done. It's later on in the trailer that I found some snags, for instance: the camera reveals monsters too often -- one should aim for creating a sense of mystery for any possible threats within a story, even if the players are already familiar with the models in use. Try for diversity with what the person is doing, whether it's been done to death or not it helps highlight various aspects of what the story offers. Neither of the trailers you had seemed to be mentioning many of these things (though if they did I've already completely forgotten: another sign that your commercializing needs improvement).

(01-01-2013, 10:30 PM)jssjr90 Wrote: Well I guess your right, sorry for my rudeness.

You're not rude for getting square over tomfoolery -- it's your thread, isn't it? You can question the actions of others.

Thanks for the feedback. I do know that I do reveal monsters quite a bit, but too me that is not the major aspect I am focusing on. Whats done in the trailers is whats already set.

To me, I relay do not care for being the most popular mod of all time as your words would imply. I am just doing this for my self and my own learning experience. As for "commercializing needs improvement", I relay do not see any sign of improvement what so ever in that. This is a free mod, not a AAA blockbuster movie XD.

I just do this for fun and not trying to be the best out there, but that does not mean I screw around on this. I take my project seriously and relay keep quality in mind. I started this project 2 years ago with the time that has been given to me to work on this and I know that people will enjoy it allot, despite whats revealed in the trailer. What they will play will be a rich story with a rich atmosphere and I say, Story should be over scare factor. I do not try and make this the scariest CS ever, but I do try my best of my abilities. I have learned so much from these past 2 years of level design, game deign, managing people and so on. I do this for fun and a learning experience, and not for fame.
01-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

"Commercializing needs improvement"

I suspected that my careless wordplay might be misunderstood, so I apologize for that; what I meant was that I wanted you to improve how you display what you have created. I am very aware that custom stories are free.
01-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

(01-01-2013, 11:03 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: "Commercializing needs improvement"

I suspected that my careless wordplay might be misunderstood, so I apologize for that; what I meant was that I wanted you to improve how you display what you have created. I am very aware that custom stories are free.

Oh sorry about that, I hate it when miss communication from two different brains happens. I suspect that you mean how I present my mod on the first page of this thread correct? If so I would gladly accept any advice.
01-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Find