Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Open boxes with thalers?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Open boxes with thalers?

Reading the lang-files it is possible to find thalers or coins in the game and when you have enough, you can open boxes with rare items.

So what about the thalers?
Was it only in the alpha-version of the game?
Or a planned feature that never becomes used?

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011, 04:40 PM by Googolplex.)
12-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Open boxes with thalers?

This confuses me a little, lol.
In my opinion I believe the chests/boxes with the rare items were hidden VERY well in the Amnesia game. I never found one, though I remember finding a small bag of thalers. Just don't remember where. I guess FG designed the chests as easter eggs. Dunno.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

thalers are used to open a chest in this video.

Seemed like a really lame gameplay element, glad they got rid of it. What the hell kind of a lock opens when you put money into it.
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Find
HitlersNosehaiR Offline

Threads: 0

(12-04-2011, 06:49 PM)Arvuti Wrote: thalers are used to open a chest in this video.

Seemed like a really lame gameplay element, glad they got rid of it. What the hell kind of a lock opens when you put money into it.
I dunno, I think a Merchant that showed up after each puzzle would be kinda cool.

Whatta bouyin', stranger?

[Image: zFVtr.png]
12-06-2011, 05:49 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

i remember them saying that it was originally planned but later completely removed (since their focus on what they wanted to achieve from the game changed at some point in development). i think they just figured since they got it all working, why remove it from the files? some modder could find use for it. i think the same goes for sanity potions, since those were planned and made but were never actually used.

Posting Freak
12-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Website Find