Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Black Death Custom Map
NuggetBlubber Offline

Threads: 7
Black Death Custom Map

Black Death

Black Death takes place somewhere in Europe inside a small town with a dark past. This particular
town was hit hard with the black plauge during the medieval times. Inside this town there is a castle
which the villagers believe that it held hundreds of citizens affected by the plauge inside of it. Almost to act
as an isolation center from the rest of the village. This castle has been abandoned for more than almost 500 years and recent claims tell how they have spotted people entering this castle and not coming out of it. One brave villager known as Edward Castman has decided to venture into this castle to see for himself what lies inside this tomb of darkness and figure out who or what is still lurking inside of it.

Download:http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-black-death

Playthrough of the map:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ58lgyzT6M&feature=channel_video_title

email: nuggetblubber@gmail.com

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011, 12:58 PM by NuggetBlubber.)
12-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12
RE: Black Death Custom Map

Sounds good
I'm going to try this soonSmile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
12-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Website Find
Gyldenglad Offline

Threads: 2

Did the playthrough, compressing now & gonna upload it to youtube soon Smile

was very enjoyable.
12-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Find
Ivan4ik Offline

Threads: 0

Nice map. Smile
12-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Find
NuggetBlubber Offline

awesome man looking foward to watching it
thanks
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011, 09:30 PM by NuggetBlubber.)
12-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Find
devin413 Offline

shiit dude Big Grin
scares I piee omg xD
not rly bro but it is fck Scary after i pick that note they watching you ;_; <--- Scared face like mine

Boris Game Studios: Devin413 Moddels Maps Scripts.
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

12-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Find
A Tricky Carnie Offline

Threads: 15

Probably going to play this story on the weekend.

12-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Find
Gyldenglad Offline

Threads: 2

Alright, once YouTube are done processing this video.. At first I uploaded a 20 GB video but it was stuck in processing for 3 hours so I uploaded a 4 GB one to speed it up.

(it's gonna be in this link once it's done processing so just check back later if not working :b)
12-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

Time to get my reviewer face on! I don't do this often and anything said is not to offend but to help you improve if you plan on making another custom story.

Spoiler below!
I actually thought the idea was quite good! The ending was a nice hit (hah! Get it? You get it.) and the voice acting was a wonderful touch.

Some things that could use improvement:

1. Some placement of things like the stack of books in the room with the lantern. The bottom shelf is unable to fully come out because they are in the way (to make this actually kind of a cool idea I recommend removing the stack and manually stacking individual non-static books).

2. A few clipping issues found, for example one above the doorway that leads out of the chamber.

3. The notes found could be formatted a bit better to help the flow. I felt the spacing and separation of sentences was a bit awkward though you could have just been going for that feel. There were also numerous typos (I recommend getting a proof-checker for notes in the future if English is by chance not your first language).

4. The maps reset upon entering them once more during the back-tracking segments. This means I was able to acquire extra oil and other pickup items my next run through.

5. Try to use some welders on the corners of walls to help tie them together - otherwise you can see abrupt wall ends and it can look a bit iffy.

6. The starting player area for each map is off the ground so when you spawn you fall a bit. Whereas there isn't anything wrong with this too much, it can take its toll on immersion. Just a quick lower on the Y-axes for the spawn area will solve that problem. :]

7. During the final chase scene the monster actually stopped chasing me almost immediately.

Though with that all said, I enjoyed the short story aspect of it all! Your use of monsters wasn't over-excessive which is nice, and even caught me off guard once or twice which can be a rare thing to do since I am so used to the game's atmosphere.

The build up of the castle madness was good, you didn't throw dead bodies at us right from the get go and waited until the chamber to show fully what kind of madness the doctors were up to. Though just as a personal preference and whatnot, I think a bit more subtleness in the earlier notes would have been made the story a bit more interesting. If the player already suspects the doctors were at foul-play then that can take away from the surprise! Though I found it didn't detract from the story too much which is nice.

The part that really hit home with me is the ending. I am a sucker for tragic endings and yours came with a good one. Right before he made it out he was smacked right down like the bug he is. Cue right into the credits aided by the wonderful work of Kevin Macleod and we have a good 'aw well sucks for him' feel while we mellow out from the music.

All in all, thank you for the time you put into this! I hope to see some more from you - I smell a lick of potential!

I now need something to drink. Maybe hot cocoa.

12-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Find
NuggetBlubber Offline

thanks for the review gives me some good ideas for when updating the maps and fixing bugs. Im hoping to make a sequel to this story sometime early next year
12-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Find