Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

(01-13-2012, 06:48 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: Sel is gettin' pretty bossmode at modeling, just saiyan.
The Cry has spoken, Sel is now officially badass.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
01-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Been working on this for about the last 3 weeks or so. It's still a WIP, but i figured it's at a presentable state at least.

Spoiler below!

[Image: 5b74si.png]

And yes I'm aware of how awkward that fence texture looks, I'm gonna fix it up soon.

Posting Freak
01-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(01-13-2012, 06:40 PM)Sel Wrote: I mirrored the texture in PS near the end of the geometry so it could tile, and then I added details to the texture on one side so it didn't look like it was just mirrored.

If I knew how to edit textures to tile I could do that too, but I don't ;___;

Do you mean you don't know how to make seamless textures or am I missing something?
Anyways using the offset feature and bit of clone/healing tool could do the job.

Keep on doing what you do! Perhaps release some of your stuff someday?

I'd especially like to have those mansionbase walls you made now that I started a new project.

Spoiler below!

[Image: pufftwert_hall.jpg]

I'm trying to make this castle hall look cold, broken and abandoned. Thus the grayish blue lighting.
Still lacks most decals, also it feels quite empty, dirt_floor and moist_wall spam needed.
I should probably continue making map layouts before finishing things completely

01-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

That looks great, Khyrpa, exactly as you intended it. Your billboards look really good.

Here's my latest work, made it tonight, so it's subject to as many changes as I see fit. Probably lighting tweaks.
[Image: ruinedhouse12.jpg]

[Image: signature-2.png]
01-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

(01-14-2012, 11:29 AM)Streetboat Wrote: That looks great, Khyrpa, exactly as you intended it. Your billboards look really good.

Here's my latest work, made it tonight, so it's subject to as many changes as I see fit. Probably lighting tweaks.
Spoiler below!

[Image: ruinedhouse12.jpg]
Seeing someone actually using the cellar wood floor decal makes me happy!
I hope you keep an eye on the performance of your maps, if you like using those good looking shadows.

As a side note, my billboards flicker! Can't see that in screenshots and most people wont stop to stare at them so they wont either, but I like the effect and it doesn't seem to decrease performance either.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2012, 11:53 AM by Khyrpa.)
01-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Find
Sel Offline

(01-14-2012, 11:13 AM)Khyrpa Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 06:40 PM)Sel Wrote: I mirrored the texture in PS near the end of the geometry so it could tile, and then I added details to the texture on one side so it didn't look like it was just mirrored.

If I knew how to edit textures to tile I could do that too, but I don't ;___;

Do you mean you don't know how to make seamless textures or am I missing something?
Anyways using the offset feature and bit of clone/healing tool could do the job.

Well they're still seamless, it's just that they're mirrored instead of being edited to be tileable. As for the mansion pieces I made, I've learned a lot since them about designing these things (Amazing what a few weeks can do), so I ended up trashing them ,and just starting over on new ones that will hopefully be a lot better.

Sorry about that lol, but I'm almost never satisfied with my work.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2012, 06:55 PM by Sel.)
01-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

(01-14-2012, 06:54 PM)Sel Wrote: Well they're still seamless, it's just that they're mirrored instead of being edited to be tileable. As for the mansion pieces I made, I've learned a lot since them about designing these things (Amazing what a few weeks can do), so I ended up trashing them ,and just starting over on new ones that will hopefully be a lot better.

Sorry about that lol, but I'm almost never satisfied with my work.
Well if you would feel bad seeing others use your work, then its fine I guess...
But really, did you just trash the models out of disgust? With some dirt decals those walls could have fit very well as variations of the default02 from mansionbase walls.

01-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Find
Sel Offline

I dunno, looking back the design made no sense, and I have since learned to consider a lot of new things that I never would have thought about before. Besides if I keep up this pace I can probably get a new and better set done in a few months.
01-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Find
Quotentote Offline

Threads: 23

screenshots of my latest work Smile

http://imageshack.us/g/839/banquetkv.jpg/
01-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26