Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

Sorry can't see shit.

- Inactive account -
07-07-2013, 03:57 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(07-05-2013, 04:33 PM)Pshyched Wrote: Just some screenshots In game from my upcoming Mod.
<images>
I figured my comment's probably long enough that it should be put in spoilers :p
Spoiler below!

To start off, let me just mention that Kullin 'stole' both of the major points I would've brought up :D So instead of parroting him*, I'm just going to say I agree :p

First Image:
I like the concept with the split roads and multiple paths, but the trees are a little dark. It could just be my monitor, but they're pitch-black in the middle of a well-lit pathway - a bit of light at least should be reflecting onto them. Try using a black (0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 RGBA) pointlight connected to one of the lamps with a connection amount of 0.1~0.3. You won't be able to see the effect in the level editor (to my knowledge at least), but it'll be visible in-game. The same goes for the gaps between the lanterns - it should be dark, so you're right, but not that dark; the path (and the world) looks like it disappears into a black hole between the lanterns :p
Other than that, the map looks quite delightful! I'm not much of an outdoor mapper, so I can't say anything about the actual layout :D

Second Image:
Tunnels and crawl-spaces give me the heebie-jeebies, so that map looks extra delightful to me :) The blackness looks more appropriate in this setting where there is no starlight and large distances between the lanterns, just make sure it fades between dark and light gradually, like this. The map could use a bit more particle detailing, however. There's not much you can do for static objects and entities in a tunnel, so particles and decals are crucial to maintaining interest. There's a footprint decal that makes it look like people have been walking in the dirt (I think it looks pretty neat - as long as the prints aren't bunny-hopping). Of course, signs of life are pretty story-reliant, so it's up to you if you want to add them or not. For static decals, a couple of brown rocks in piles here and there wouldn't hurt the atmosphere - the cracked wall from the Justine assets would also look pretty cool on the floor edges or in the walls at some parts :D You would just need to cover up the non-dirt parts of the object :p
The dirt piles on the floor are a nice start, too. It breaks up the monotony and flatness of the plane you're using.

*Sorry if you're a girl, Kullin; it doesn't say on your profile so I just took a guess :) Correct me if I was wrong

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2013, 08:06 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
07-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Find
Pshyched Offline

Threads: 21

Zandrojakov, you may need to change the brightness of your Monitor, It is dark, but you can see quite a bit of detail. Just enough for what I needed to show.
Love your feedback Kiandra, There is a box light already haha, I guess it may be the Gamma of the game itself but yes I will be adding dust particles and such to give it more realism.

Edit.
There are no looping dust particles. I wish there were, It would make it seem a lot better.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2013, 09:45 AM by Pshyched.)
07-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Find
Pshyched Offline

Threads: 21

Here's an updated version with a boxlight, sorta found out it never had one Haha.
[Image: k79u.jpg]
07-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

[Image: wMSVJDE.jpg]
mapping modern areas is fun as hell

Posting Freak
07-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Website Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

(07-07-2013, 01:05 PM)Kman Wrote: [Image: wMSVJDE.jpg]
mapping modern areas is fun as hell

Looks alright, I especially like the pipes under the floor. But you should add som PS around the map, It looks so stale at the moment.

Still better than most maps Smile

- Inactive account -
07-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Find
Fatalist Offline

Threads: 8

Some screenshots from my new FC:
1. Outside
Spoiler below!
[Image: 6g5q.png]
2. Dungeon
Spoiler below!
[Image: egtomb.png]
3. Main menu
Spoiler below!
[Image: 9dbz.png]

07-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

dam man there's like 2 fog particles 3 water drop particles 1 pr 2 light dust particles and 4 or 5 steam particles coming out of the pipes

i guess it might be hard to see from that screenshot but idk i feel like adding more would just be going overboard

Posting Freak
07-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Website Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(07-07-2013, 01:29 PM)Fatalist Wrote: Some screenshots from my new FC:
1. Outside
Spoiler below!
[Image: 6g5q.png]
2. Dungeon
Spoiler below!
[Image: egtomb.png]
3. Main menu
Spoiler below!
[Image: 9dbz.png]

To be honest, i feel like the player is floating in space. You need some background. Mountains further away.otherwise it's a planet floating in space

Trying is the first step to success.
07-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(07-07-2013, 02:39 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: To be honest, i feel like the player is floating in space. You need some background. Mountains further away.otherwise it's a planet floating in space

Well, technically, we are in a planet floating in space, so...

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
07-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Find