Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

[Image: hat_tip.gif]

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39

Vary nice sci-fi level Robosprog. But I think some people might not have the talent, or time because of there life schedules, or for what ever reason; to push the HPL2 to its outer bound limits.

I think different people have there own limits of there capabilities and knowledge and imagination use of the HPL2. Now this does not mean people should try and be intuitive, but if you expect every single person on these foams to be good as you in level design, you would be majorly disappointed. And if every person was up to you're standards, everything would get boring fast, and no room for improvement.

The beauty in the art, is in its beholder.
02-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

>Be the first to use custom assets provided to the community
>"So original omg"
>???
>"We have pushed the limits of HPL2 to the max, redefined computer gaming, and cured cancer"

I rate it 3 memes.
02-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(02-12-2013, 09:49 PM)Streetboat Wrote: [Image: hat_tip.gif]

thx u1!1

listen to boards of canada
02-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(02-12-2013, 09:57 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: >Be the first to use custom assets provided to the community
>"So original omg"
>???
>"We have pushed the limits of HPL2 to the max, redefined computer gaming, and cured cancer"

fucking

this

this so much

Real talk here, My Love is legitimately like one of the top 5 best Amnesia mods ever made and the mapping in that was like a 3/5 at best. It didn't use any new assets, and the maps weren't very new or interesting, and on top of that there were plenty of very obvious mapping errors in almost every single map. But the story fucking amazing, which makes all those flaws meaningless. A story could have 100% new assets that were done by a professional and if it was basically just a site seing tour with no actual substance behind it (gameplay, story, etc.) it would be a fucking lame mod.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013, 02:24 AM by Kman.)
02-13-2013, 02:23 AM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Kman. You fail to note that Edge's story has been incorporated as a "side story" of a Universe I have been creating for the past 4 years of my life. If this mod is done right It will have some amazing shit.
02-13-2013, 02:37 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

That was more a comment on people over-hyping mods in general for stupid reasons, it wasn't directed at any project in particular.

Posting Freak
02-13-2013, 02:42 AM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

i cured cancer for real though, so idk what youre making fun of.

I just keep the cure in my basement. Fuck all y'all.

[Image: carter2.png]

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013, 03:25 AM by Streetboat.)
02-13-2013, 03:25 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Whoa! the waterfall thing was beautiful! How do i add it? (Making it fall, not adding it.)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Not much critique of screenshots going on here, guys. Make a design philosohpy thread.

THAT BEING SAID [massive amounts of hipocracy to follow]
Quote:"if it was basically just a site seeing tour with no actual substance behind it (gameplay, story, etc.) it would be a fucking lame mod."
That totally depends on what the player defines as 'gameplay' and 'story'. I'm sure you don't disagree with that, but I wonder if you're definition for those terms stretches as far as some peoples definitions would. I think it would almost be more interesting to have a mod as you describe rather than more mods that are like Amnesia, because I've never played soemthing like that so I don't really know if it could work, but if it could, it could be a pretty fascinating experience.

Modders have a distinct advantage for exploring pretty far-out ideas for what makes an engaging experience, because we don't have to actually sell anything to live, we don't need anyone to like it (though it is of course advantageous if they do), which means we can take the biggest risks. I think it'd be great if that advantage was used more often.

02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Find