Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

http://paletton.com/#uid=43o0u0kcSMo38Z-85UihfC8ldua
Plug in 7bbbcb as the base colour for yours, Wapez

This is also pretty useful in general if you want to figure out which colours look pretty together

Also, RNA, Endo's great at mapping. He's already proved that he can map - it's not acting tough.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 10:23 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
08-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

(08-08-2014, 08:15 PM)endosine Wrote: @Wapez
Oh fuck off, i'm cocky one? says the most pretentious asshole i've had the misfortune to meet, seriously not a good idea to get on my bad side mate because you're narrowly crossing a line.

I'm not cocky at all, kiddo. Hell I hate half of my fucking work and I've already lost half of my motivation after losing my project which I spent years on and I couldn't give a fuck less.

How about you actually listen for once and stop acting like a child.

THANKS.

Wow. I'm not gonna throw words around trying to get on top of you, but I gotta say, that's one hell of an act you're throwing together. Wish I understood what the reason for all this hate was. If there isn't a really, really, really good one, you should look yourself up.

I'm listening perfectly and I have not acted like a child in any way. I think it's kind of cocky saying that you're pretty sure that the map is ripped, when you actually don't have a clue and you've only seen one screenshot. Really? You think that room is so hard to make, that I had to copy it from an FG map? Come on. At least don't put it the way you did.

About your project, I don't see how that has anything to do with this, but I really do not give more of a shit about it than you do.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
08-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Find
ReadingNotAllowed Offline

Threads: 6

(08-08-2014, 10:23 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 10:21 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 08:15 PM)endosine Wrote: @Wapez
Oh fuck off, i'm cocky one? says the most pretentious asshole i've had the misfortune to meet, seriously not a good idea to get on my bad side mate because you're narrowly crossing a line.

I'm not cocky at all, kiddo. Hell I hate half of my fucking work and I've already lost half of my motivation after losing my project which I spent years on and I couldn't give a fuck less.

How about you actually listen for once and stop acting like a child.

THANKS.

Stop acting tough and backup your shit

Maybe you should shut up too mate, and stay the fuck out of this instead of trying to stir more drama?

Guess you're right, sorry Wink
But then again.. I was giving him some good advice, I know the feeling of losing your projects, it suucks

Better to have a story and end it, then to never realise it has begun...

- Red
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 10:26 PM by ReadingNotAllowed.)
08-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(08-08-2014, 08:15 PM)Lazzer. Wrote: I don't need critique about our design decisions, but rather about our way of approaching them

Why are you posting stuff on this thread then?

To get criticism on how to approach my design decisions in the best way. I don't need someone to tell me that it should have been more of a messy library, but I do need people to tell me how to improve the kind of library that I want. For an example.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 10:29 PM by Wapez.)
08-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

I'm not going to waste my time getting into a pissing match with an arrogant child such as yourself...

The International Narcotics Traffic
08-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(08-08-2014, 10:28 PM)endosine Wrote: I'm not going to waste my time getting into a pissing match with an arrogant child such as yourself...

I'm really confused right now.

08-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Wapez, they were saying more detail, not messier. You can make detail without a mess - an open book, candles, scrapes on the floor where chairs would have been moved across frequently, if it's been abandoned for a while it'll show in cobwebs, layers of dust, stuff like that. If it's not abandoned, there'll be proof people live there - a candle left lit, a cup of tea left on the table, pair of reading glasses left on a book (you do have a modeler, no?)

Edit: Damn this exploded quickly

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 10:32 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
08-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

I want a cup of tea now.... but I'm going to bake some cupcakes first

08-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

I need a coffee... and probably a grenade >:}

The International Narcotics Traffic
08-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(08-08-2014, 10:30 PM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: Wapez, they were saying more detail, not messier. You can make detail without a mess - an open book, candles, scrapes on the floor where chairs would have been moved across frequently, if it's been abandoned for a while it'll show in cobwebs, layers of dust, stuff like that. If it's not abandoned, there'll be proof people live there - a candle left lit, a cup of tea left on the table, pair of reading glasses left on a book (you do have a modeler, no?)

Edit: Damn this exploded quickly

Yeah, there's a bunch of dust, fog, dirt, stains, scrapes and there's also footprints from someone walking around presumably picking up books. I guess some of these things just didn't make it into the image, and there's a bunch of stuff behind the camera too. My bad.

08-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Find