Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Request Need voice acting.
ferryadams10 Offline

Threads: 40
Need voice acting.

Hey all I've been working on a quite big map which needs a few voice acting lines and please just send some variated voice act lines saying this:

"Hey you, I've got something that might help you... I've got the key to the exit of the prison. But first YOU will have to help me. Nicolas Smithsman is the leader of the troop of creatures which are trying to take over the whole castle and hustle all residents. He has no grace and will torture me and eventually he will kill me anyways.

The only thing you need to do for me is pull that lever over there and I'll slide the key through one of those notches there."

Please bring some variaty in it and a slight echo.

If you're not sure how to voice act it then send me a few options.

In the story it's spoken by someone locked up in a gass room.

Try to really live yourself in the character.

When done also send me another smaller line saying:

(coughing) Thank you (coughing followed by death caused by gass)

Everyone is welcome to send a voice acting file of these if you do the first one you'll have to do the second line aswell in a separated file. (.ogg also an .snt if you can do it if you can't do the snt then just sent the .ogg)

Thank you very much Smile

I've seen there were some trouble with correctly sending the files to my email.
So lets just send it in PM on FrictionalGames.com alright?

Got a nice sofa
Please come and have a seat for a while

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 09:24 PM by ferryadams10.)
12-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Need voice acting.

I doubt i'll be of any use as my voice is pretty bad :L

I was just wondering, how is it possible to add an echo without doing a natural echo? e.g. Effects software, Audacity etc.?

[Image: luv.gif]
12-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Ok I did one.I'll sent it to your email.I can do it again if you dont like it.Let me know if you like it.
Oh And i will send you another message containing the cough death line.2 different voices.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 11:20 AM by kartanonperuna.)
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Website Find
Timitzi Offline

Threads: 1

I can you post you my voice acting clips if you want, I'd love to try it! I'll attempt it later today!
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 01:44 PM by Timitzi.)
12-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

(12-12-2011, 01:39 PM)Timitzi Wrote: I can you post you my voice acting clips if you want, I'd love to try it! I'll attempt it later today!
May the best voice actor win...
12-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Website Find
Timitzi Offline

Threads: 1

Angel Ferryadams shall choose. If your clips are good though, it is cool and I'm okay with them being chosen. I'll post my version nonethless, recording voice clips is so much fun!
12-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

It is indeed fun.But you already got your voice in one custom story?Couldnt you leave me this one?Hhaha just kidding but seriously.

Btw i just send the audio to his email.I saw you upload your voices in the other thread to some website?What was it?
12-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Website Find
ferryadams10 Offline

Threads: 40

Just send me all your versions I'd be glad if you people are so exited about voice acting.

Send me all your versions of em to my email: ferry_hooligan@live.nl

Or through pm or right here in the thread.

I'll pick the best one

But you all'll get credit for trying at least.

Tyvm

Got a nice sofa
Please come and have a seat for a while

12-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Yes I already sent all the voice files.I fucked up the death sounds.I forgot to add the echo but i sent you the two again with the echo.
12-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(12-09-2011, 05:13 PM)Lucke Wrote: I doubt i'll be of any use as my voice is pretty bad :L

I was just wondering, how is it possible to add an echo without doing a natural echo? e.g. Effects software, Audacity etc.?
I tested and tinkered for fun, editing the sounds to try and make it seem like its behind a wall. Didn't really sound good, but I can say I used audacity to record and fruityloops to edit the sound. Fruity loops has one IQ I like and some kind of reeverb soft thats easy to use. I don't know of other sofware but those are what I used. I don't know how to export the .ogg as mono from fruityloops so I just placed it back to audacity and changed it to mono. http://julianyap.com/wiki/Convert_Stereo..._Audacity/

Just saying these if someone finds them useful...

Spoiler below!

[Image: floopsimage.jpg]

12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Find