Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
Scroobs Castle Remake [Released!]
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Scroobs Castle Remake [Released!]

I just finished "accidently". I'm sorry, but my thoughts on this are a bit negative:
Spoiler below!

I didn't like the half invisible monster in the starting room. To me it is not scary at all but looks more like a clown.
I think the hub area is way too large and too "unorganized". Obviously, the goal is to find the "manual" in the library and then search the different rooms for the missing machinery parts. But because this area is so large, I accidently did it the other way around: I had almost all the parts collected before I finally checked out the library. This way, there also happened a little glitch: When I first entered the cellar, there was a Justine monster in the last cell. When I later entered the cellar again to put the machine parts together, the monster was gone. However, after putting together the machine, I still triggered the cell door to be slammed open - but there was no monster inside anymore.
Speaking of monsters: The one that spawns in the hub after putting together the machine caught me inside the elevator. I had pushed the button and the screen went black and said "loading" - but when it was finshed, I was dead. Obviously the monster killed me while the screen was black.
Like someone else earlier, I touched the needle just to see what it is. I had listened to the tape of course, but I never would have thought that touching this thing meant instant death. Unfortunately, there are no autosaves, so in order to check out the rest I'll have to restart the whole custom story. I'm not sure if I'm willing to do this. If I do, I'll post more feedback.
12-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

(12-14-2011, 04:33 PM)bobbo Wrote: I just finished "accidently". I'm sorry, but my thoughts on this are a bit negative:
Spoiler below!

I didn't like the half invisible monster in the starting room. To me it is not scary at all but looks more like a clown.
I think the hub area is way too large and too "unorganized". Obviously, the goal is to find the "manual" in the library and then search the different rooms for the missing machinery parts. But because this area is so large, I accidently did it the other way around: I had almost all the parts collected before I finally checked out the library. This way, there also happened a little glitch: When I first entered the cellar, there was a Justine monster in the last cell. When I later entered the cellar again to put the machine parts together, the monster was gone. However, after putting together the machine, I still triggered the cell door to be slammed open - but there was no monster inside anymore.
Speaking of monsters: The one that spawns in the hub after putting together the machine caught me inside the elevator. I had pushed the button and the screen went black and said "loading" - but when it was finshed, I was dead. Obviously the monster killed me while the screen was black.
Like someone else earlier, I touched the needle just to see what it is. I had listened to the tape of course, but I never would have thought that touching this thing meant instant death. Unfortunately, there are no autosaves, so in order to check out the rest I'll have to restart the whole custom story. I'm not sure if I'm willing to do this. If I do, I'll post more feedback.
Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm, I'm not sure why the monster didn't spawn for you. And as for the elevator monster killing you that was really bad timing. Two things for the instant death. If you had read and heard the tape; why wouldn't you think you could die when you pick up the needle? And if you want to finish the other ending
Spoiler below!
you can just go to custom_story.cfg and change the StartMap = "Map01.map" to MapPrison.map That's the map with the 2 choices.
Thanks for playing Big Grin.

12-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

ooh, nice bro's!

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
12-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(12-14-2011, 04:50 PM)flamez3 Wrote:
Spoiler below!
If you had read and heard the tape; why wouldn't you think you could die when you pick up the needle? And if you want to finish the other ending [spoiler] you can just go to custom_story.cfg and change the StartMap = "Map01.map" to MapPrison.map That's the map with the 2 choices.

Ah, thanks for the cfg edit hint, that'll save some time. Smile edit: Oh: When I edit the cfg the custom story doesn't show anymore in the menu. I'll just play it from the beginning some other time.
About the needle:
Spoiler below!
I don't know, it just seemed unlikely to me that the character would die instantly. Why would I want my character to die there - of course I want to play on. If anything, I would have expected to lose some health per touch, so that maybe three touches would kill me.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM by bobbo.)
12-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(12-14-2011, 05:39 PM)bobbo Wrote:
(12-14-2011, 04:50 PM)flamez3 Wrote:
Spoiler below!
If you had read and heard the tape; why wouldn't you think you could die when you pick up the needle? And if you want to finish the other ending [spoiler] you can just go to custom_story.cfg and change the StartMap = "Map01.map" to MapPrison.map That's the map with the 2 choices.

Ah, thanks for the cfg edit hint, that'll save some time. Smile edit: Oh: When I edit the cfg the custom story doesn't show anymore in the menu. I'll just play it from the beginning some other time.
About the needle:
Spoiler below!
I don't know, it just seemed unlikely to me that the character would die instantly. Why would I want my character to die there - of course I want to play on. If anything, I would have expected to lose some health per touch, so that maybe three touches would kill me.
Spoiler below!
If it doesn't show up it means that you might not of named it right, replace the old one with this one:
StartMap = "MapEnd.map"

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011, 05:46 PM by flamez3.)
12-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82

We are now on moddb.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scroobs-castle

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
12-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Find
Revis1985 Offline

Threads: 0

Hi there... just wondering, ive picked up 3 of the 4 you need for the machine in the cellar... the last one in the garden, it seems that i cant pick it up, i click on it from 100's of angles.... cant pick it up... help me please Smile
12-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(12-26-2011, 08:59 PM)Revis1985 Wrote: Hi there... just wondering, ive picked up 3 of the 4 you need for the machine in the cellar... the last one in the garden, it seems that i cant pick it up, i click on it from 100's of angles.... cant pick it up... help me please Smile
You need Justine dlc for the lever to be able to pick it up.

12-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I'm not doing much, so I'll give it a run =P
12-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

_________
Played it! Here's my short response:

Spoiler below!

Seemed pretty interesting when it got to the long hallway that was shutting lights down. That was pretty weird, but quite a buggy monster... You should have him walk down the hallway instead. It was a little scary at first, but I began to lose the intensity when he was coming and going in an inanimate pose. =\ I see you used some inspiration of White Night.

Speaking of which, the themes of the campaign didn't seem to match up too well... You were old age, then had flourescent lights and a single hallway with fetuses. I suggest maybe having them in a separate room, rather than a hallway leading one room to another.

Other than some broken/strange details and a few bugs (monster in the beginning failed on me and I had to restart the campaign), it wasn't too bad. =]

12-27-2011, 03:26 AM
Find