Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floating objects
Quotentote Offline

Threads: 23
Sad  Floating objects

Hi there!!!

First i wanna say thank you to all these helpful hints/tricks etc. It helped me a lot!

I'm new on scripting/mapping and i got a huge problem with my first map:

I did a water part and of course i wanted to make the rooms pretty and full of details (girls love details Big Grin). But when i take an entetie like for example a book and throw it into the water it just freaks out and jumps up and down. First time i laught about it but its kind of annoying.

Can anyone help me to fix that problem?

thanks alot
Quotentote

(ps.: sorry if theres anything written wrong, i'm not english :o)

pps.: sorry for posting that thread into the wrong section, i saw the right one :S

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 07:38 PM by Quotentote.)
12-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Floating objects

Amnesia allows for buoyancy for entities. If you want to remove buoyancy from the entity, you're going to need to edit the entity.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Website Find
Quotentote Offline

oh god ^^ are there some pre-edited entity downloads available? i mean...there is so much stuff i would have to edit (without knowing how to do that^^)
12-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I wouldn't bother editing the entities for such a small thing. If you truly can't stand the physics, then just enable static physics for the entity in the level editor and possibly disable interaction through scripting for the entity. I doubt those playing your map would care if an object continually bounced in water anyway.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Website Find
Quotentote Offline

yea thats okay i think. cause i love details and totally need them =) (spending more time on detailing the rooms instead of scripting^^) and...as i tested the water part i jumped off my chai because i got scared of these floating things xD ON MY OWN MAP! xD

so ty for that hint
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 12:38 PM by Quotentote.)
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Find