Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Best SinglePlayer game I have ever played
satanik Offline

Threads: 1
Best SinglePlayer game I have ever played

Hi there guys!

I registered an account on this forum, just to have the pleasure to give you my seriously THANKS, because you give me the opportunity to play this GREAT game. I have enjoyed it since the first second!

Great sound!
Great environment, you really get absorded by it!
Great physics engine! LOVED that one.
Great graphics!
And its fuki*g scary!

I look forward to episode two! Is there any release date or something?
And again, you guys are just outstanding! Keep the excelent work!
07-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: Best SinglePlayer game I have ever played

Glad you liked it Smile

No date for Ep2 yet I am afraid.
07-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Find
heckishfire Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Best SinglePlayer game I have ever played

I agree. A friend of mine recommended I buy the game as he new I liked survival horror games (resident evil, silent hill, eternal darkness). I must say, when playing alone in the house and with all the lights off with a desktop surround sound system, the game really got me immersed in the environment. It was almost as if i were right there in the mine, sharing the plight of Philip. The feasibility of the game - that fact that there could indeed be an abandoned mine somewhere that you could get stuck in - really helped make the game all the more believable. Not sure about the rockworms (but then again after seeing the movie Tremors, who knows! lol).

I found the fighting system to be very well done, which may go against the opinion of other gamers. I certainly whirled my mouse around frantically trying to kill the dogs! The physics are incredible - how everything interacts with everything else. The storyline works. I found it believable. I even felt a pang of remorse at the end scene (won't say for those of you who haven't gotten there). Bring on Episode II !!!

-heckish
07-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Find