Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey dudes, I'm back and I have a question.
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27
Hey dudes, I'm back and I have a question.

I know that the creation of a custom sound for Amnesia doesn't just need the sound to be in .ogg format, but it also needs an snt file to go along with it. What does creating this file entail? I can't find a tutorial anywhere!

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
12-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82
RE: Hey dudes, I'm back and I have a question.

Just copy one of the snt from the original amnesia or look at my CS and copy the snt from there.

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

Save your file as a .ogg and then in the same folder you need the .snt file with the same name.

Open up Notepad and paste this into it:

<SOUNDENTITY>  <SOUNDS>      <Main>          <Sound File="NAMEOFSOUND" />          </Main>  </SOUNDS>  <PROPERTIES Volume="0.95" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.5" Priority="0" /></SOUNDENTITY>

Replace the NAMEOFSOUND with the name of your .ogg file. In the section you can edit some of the, well, properties of the sound. Those being volume, how far away you can be to hear it, will it loop etc.

You can also put in more than one sound by just adding another line to but still inside the category.

If you have the randomize property setup it will randomly pick a sound that you have listed here instead of doing the same one each time you play the .snt.

Once you are set just save the notepad file as a .snt and you're good to go.

Helping is fun! Though for future reference, when you have a question like this please post them here.

Good luck!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 10:29 PM by Cryaotic.)
12-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(12-12-2011, 10:28 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: Save your file as a .ogg and then in the same folder you need the .snt file with the same name.

Open up Notepad and paste this into it:

Replace the NAMEOFSOUND with the name of your .ogg file. In the section you can edit some of the, well, properties of the sound. Those being volume, how far away you can be to hear it, will it loop etc.

You can also put in more than one sound by just adding another line to but still inside the category.

If you have the randomize property setup it will randomly pick a sound that you have listed here instead of doing the same one each time you play the .snt.

Once you are set just save the notepad file as a .snt and you're good to go.

Helping is fun! Though for future reference, when you have a question like this please post them here.

Good luck!
Congratz, you're stepping closer to becoming a hardcore modder. :>

On topic:
In addition to this make sure the sound file is rendered in mono. Stereo sounds cannot be played at a specific location.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-13-2011, 02:30 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(12-13-2011, 02:30 AM)Acies Wrote: Congratz, you're stepping closer to becoming a hardcore modder. :>

On that note, I am so tempted to steal your little girl model you used in the 24 hour story for my own mod - SO TEMPTED.

Though I'd have to find a way to make her a bit taller and not have chrome skin.

On topic: Everything said was needed prior to this post so hi!

12-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(12-13-2011, 02:36 AM)Cryaotic Wrote:
(12-13-2011, 02:30 AM)Acies Wrote: Congratz, you're stepping closer to becoming a hardcore modder. :>

On that note, I am so tempted to steal your little girl model you used in the 24 hour story for my own mod - SO TEMPTED.

Though I'd have to find a way to make her a bit taller and not have chrome skin.

Off Topic: I shudder at the thought of Cryaotic becoming a modder.

12-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(12-13-2011, 02:36 AM)Cryaotic Wrote:

Just a clarification on that matter; the model was made by Hermoor, rigged and animated by me. You are free to use it in any way you see fit :> To remove the "chrome" simply go into the .mat file and "untick" the illum map.

To make her taller is harder (includes maya stuff).

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Find