Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help? Warp
Vipes Offline

Threads: 11
Help? Warp

[Image: levelh.png]
I have a small problem. I want this part of the level to seem like the player is going through the same hallway many times. I did that part. However, I want the door behind the player to slam shut once the player inters another hallway. If the player opens it up again he is looking at the room connected to A, and if he walks into it, he goes in the room. However if he never opens the door that closed, he continues normally until he reaches the true end.
12-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Help? Warp

I get the gist of what you want, but static objects can't be set unactive. Sorry if that's not what you wanted. Maybe explain what you want in a little bit more detail?

12-13-2011, 05:15 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

This is REALLY tough to explaing, but set four hallways as well as this one. (copy and paste, cutting down a hallway with each duplicate) and attach the dining hall at the back of each duplicate. when the slam door script is ran, have him teleport to the next hallway. this way, when he goes further and further, more hallways are removed and he ends up in a new ares (since Static objects cannot be set inactive).

Then, add script areas in each doorway leading to the dining hall, that teleport the player back to area one, with all the hallways. again, hard to explain, but yeah... there should be about 4-5 areas.
12-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Find
Vipes Offline

Threads: 11

(12-13-2011, 05:15 AM)flamez3 Wrote: I get the gist of what you want, but static objects can't be set unactive. Sorry if that's not what you wanted. Maybe explain what you want in a little bit more detail?
I guess it's like Bowser's Endless staircase. You turn back, you go where you came. You keep going, you go on forever. Except with hallways, and it has a true end, Hallway 5. Every door is locked in a hallway except two. The one you came out of, and the one you should go through. There is no punishment for trying to open the other doors, but as soon as you open the one you came from, you're warped to Hallway 1 seamlessly, and when you open you see the dining hall.

I think I just made it a bit worse.

(12-13-2011, 05:22 AM)Statyk Wrote: This is REALLY tough to explaing, but set four hallways as well as this one. (copy and paste, cutting down a hallway with each duplicate) and attach the dining hall at the back of each duplicate. when the slam door script is ran, have him teleport to the next hallway. this way, when he goes further and further, more hallways are removed and he ends up in a new ares (since Static objects cannot be set inactive).

Then, add script areas in each doorway leading to the dining hall, that teleport the player back to area one, with all the hallways. again, hard to explain, but yeah... there should be about 4-5 areas.
I understand sorta. Better idea as I can set any door leading to the next hallway.. Might try that if how it is now is impossible.
12-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Find