Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some testers with lower gen graphics card
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Need some testers with lower gen graphics card

If you have a 2+ year older graphics card and want to help me out for a moment, I want to know your average FPs in this map I'm creating. PM me if your interested.
12-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Need some testers with lower gen graphics card

Mines AROUND 2 years old. I can help; PM'ed. Don't know if you want people with older graphic cards but I'll try and help if you need.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011, 08:27 AM by flamez3.)
12-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Need one more tester with a 4+ older generation graphics card.

If the FPs starts to dip to 5-10 FPs, I will have to make seperate downloads for Standard and HD versions. Standard >> removing alot of fog areas/lights/particle effects. :O
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011, 05:10 PM by Rapture.)
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

FYI: If you use a global fog, you can take advantage of its occlusion culling.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

(12-14-2011, 05:38 PM)Your Computer Wrote: FYI: If you use a global fog, you can take advantage of its occlusion culling.
I'll try it out later. But the FPs issues is with the amount of fog areas and lights stacked in areas.

About the occlusion culling, correct me if I'm wrong. But thats using objects to block your view so the computer isn't overloaded with a million objects to draw?

I'm already limiting what you can see with rocks and detail. But withen the confines, theirs just alot of things stacked. And does the global fog reduce your view range? I want the player to look as far as he can, because alot of my work and future stuff has things in the distance that make the scene look really good.

I'm going for a Skyrim type of feel, really large unique enviroments that look awesome.
12-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(12-14-2011, 05:50 PM)Rapture Wrote: About the occlusion culling, correct me if I'm wrong. But thats using objects to block your view so the computer isn't overloaded with a million objects to draw?

I'm already limiting what you can see with rocks and detail. But withen the confines, theirs just alot of things stacked. And does the global fog reduce your view range? I want the player to look as far as he can, because alot of my work and future stuff has things in the distance that make the scene look really good.

I'm going for a Skyrim type of feel, really large unique enviroments that look awesome.

Anything beyond the "end" point of the global fog won't get rendered. The only thing the player will see is the skybox and perhaps the ground they're standing on for anything past the "end" point.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Website Find