Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mouse Lag
djc23 Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Mouse Lag

For some reasons its working now. I bought a 8800GTS last week but it seemed to make no difference (was the first game I tried!) to the lag problem. Windows did a few automatic updates too. I have no idea what happened but I'm glad it did as I am greatly enjoying this game!
08-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Find
djc23 Offline

Man its gone all laggy again!
08-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Find
Mango Offline

Threads: 0

Try using a program called MultiRes to lock your monitor to a certain refresh rate. This application is free, and is quite useful. I can't provide too much evidence as to why this might work, but its worth a shot anyways. I assure you that there is no malware in the program. After all, driver packages such as Omega's ATI drivers actually come with this application.
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Find
djc23 Offline

Mango Wrote:Try using a program called MultiRes to lock your monitor to a certain refresh rate. This application is free, and is quite useful. I can't provide too much evidence as to why this might work, but its worth a shot anyways. I assure you that there is no malware in the program. After all, driver packages such as Omega's ATI drivers actually come with this application.

Sorry it didn't work.
08-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Find
djc23 Offline

Just to update I've finished upgrading my computer for Bioshock with a new motherboard, an E6750 CPU and 2GB DDR2 RAM. The mouse lag is now gone in the menu but is still present in the game. So looks like it is definitely a windows issue.
08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Have you tried to install Windows again already?

09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Website Find
djc23 Offline

Nah not yet as it seems Bioshock in DX10 ain't much different to DX9. It (Penumbra) worked again last night so I got a few precious hours in! Great fun and a good challenge after the disappointment that was Bioshock.
09-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Find
madFive Offline

Bioshock is awesome! Just had to say that before i go on... Tongue

Sounds to me like a graphics driver issues - are you changing those around alot? I remember this kind of lag happening in a few older games, including DeusEx2, PainKiller, and the old Half-Life2 *cough*alpha-leak*cough* back when i was using a GeForce5600 - but with an 8800 i can't see having the exact same issue... With my current 7950, there are some nv drivers that bring doom3 engine games to a slide-show, so i have to watch out what drivers i am using. From my experience, 94.x drivers work well with openGL, while 16x.x drivers cause slide-show - could also cause mouse-lag i guess.

So - what is your gfx card again and what drivers are you using?
09-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Find
djc23 Offline

An Update:

I recently purchased Tomb Raider: Legend and encountered the same problem as I had with Penumbre: Overture, that is the mouse lags but everything else runs smoothly. So I though dammit I'm going to get to the bottom of this. I suspected it must be some process running in the background so using the list here: http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
I went through and disabled all the unneccessary startup processes in MSCONFIG. And what do you know it worked! I didn't make note, or go through it in a methodical enough fashion to work out just what process was causing the problem but I would suspect one of the mouse/keyboard processes for fancy functionality.

Anyway hope this maybe helps someones else.
09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Find