Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game will not launch (troubleshooting guide referenced)
Fearless671 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Game will not launch (troubleshooting guide referenced)

Hi, I recently downloaded the demo of Amnesia and the game would not launch.

I referenced the troubleshooting guide and it said that most Intel chipsets do not have the required OpenGL version (2.1 or higher), however, when I looked at the hpl.log, it did say that my OpenGL version was 2.1. However, the demo still did not open. I read on and found that it is suggested to update my version of Amnesia, but I can only do so with a purchased copy. My question is that with the hpl.log provided and system specifications in mind (Windows 7 64-bit, Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset), is it possible for me to play the game? If so, I will buy it immediately.

Attached is my hpl.log found in the demo folder.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 1.75 KB / Downloads: 82)
12-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game will not launch (troubleshooting guide referenced)

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11183.html : Question 1, Notice 1 (first --> )

Most probably due to bad Intel drivers you cannot play the game. Make sure they are updated though. You never know, maybe Intel fixed these drivers.

Is it a laptop or a desktop?
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2011, 06:42 PM by plutomaniac.)
12-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Find
Fearless671 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game will not launch (troubleshooting guide referenced)

They are updated and it is a desktop. I did read that, but I was hoping that since my computer is newer and appears to have the required version of OpenGL that it would be able to play. So there is no way for me to run the game on this computer?
12-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Make sure you have this installed:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...pe=Drivers

If it still does not work then your graphics card, due to bad Intel drivers, is not capable of running the game.
12-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Find