Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Tips & Tricks first development.
RsRGamez Offline

Threads: 1
Tips & Tricks first development.

Alright guys, so i'm studying now.. and when i get a big old guy i want to be a game developer, and to start this i want to make an custom mod, so.. any tips and tricks?

I would be very happy if some of u guys could help me out Smile!

Greetingz. Heart
12-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Tips & Tricks first development.

Check the frictionalgames wiki and Development Articles thread sections for tutorials and tips. =]
12-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Tips & Tricks first development.

If I were you, I'd make a 'Test' Map first. Make a room, and add a few decorations to it, play around with the editor and the scripts untill you are comfortable with it all. Spend a few days on it, then move on to your proper mod. I never did this and I started off with a really poorly designed map, which got progressively better with every room, and after a while I got bored and started again.

Also, try to learn another programming language. I learned angelscript before anything else, so it's syntax kinda got me stuck, so I went straight into java, but you might want to try python first instead because it's really easy to pick up!

12-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Find