Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
The Cursed House V2
Nomad923 Offline

Threads: 15
Photo  The Cursed House V2

The Cursed House V2
By NoMaD923
Story
Your name is Kyle Davis.
One morning your woken up
to the sound of a huge storm outside your house.Then you
decide to go to the kitchen and get a drink of water
and notice something very strange in your house.
Please report any bugs if you find any.
This is my first custom story so there is bound to be some.

Instructions

Put The Cursed House Folder in your Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories folder

Pictures

[Image: 2011-12-20_00003-1.jpg]

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?kgh4sn77enkadaa (45.3 MB)

Version V2 is now out

Changes:

In the dungeon you must use the key on the padlock (recommended by Shadowfied)

The Key in the dungeon is easier to see now.

Locked the door to the room with no walls.

Added some sanity damages.

Bugs

-Room with no walls (fixed - The door was supposed to be locked.)

Notes

-If there are any custom stories you have installed and they have a map file named intro, that map might be ran when leaving the second level.

-This is my VERY first custom story and i know its not the best, but my upcoming projects will be better.

Beta Testers

Seangil
Walking_Messiah
Kelso225055

Next Project
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12136.html

[Image: qg_logo.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2011, 05:02 AM by Nomad923.)
12-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Cursed House [Demo]

Hmm, quite good story, i must said. waiting for a Full.
bug in Mom"s room: Big Grin

[Image: McRxAs.jpg]
12-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Find
Nomad923 Offline

RE: The Cursed House [Demo]

(12-21-2011, 09:00 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: Hmm, quite good story, i must said. waiting for a Full.
bug in Mom"s room: Big Grin

[Image: McRxAs.jpg]
Oh haha thanks. I am aiming to release this in about a week.

12-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34
RE: The Cursed House V1

Huge improvement from the demo (obviously) but I still think it is quite bad. Here's my "review". If you haven't played the map yet, play it first.

Spoiler below!

• The mapping isn't great, but there is quite a bit of rooms to search to make up for those small problems.
• Seriously, please use some more variation when spawning enemies, more than half of all enemies were spawned by picking up items.
• When unlocking a door with a padlock, you usually use the key on the padlock itself instead of the door it is attached to, so first I thought the key was for another door until I tried using it on the gate itself, so I recommend making the padlock disappear by using the key on the padlock itself.
• There is one room (can't remember what the area / level was called) where there was a room without walls etc, pretty much an unfinished room.
• One good scare was the one in the room where there was a key on a bed. I was not expecting that and I didn't understand how he spawned. I'm assuming it was a timer after entering the room, cause he appeared before I picked up the key and not immediately when I moved the bed, so good work on that.
• Another thing is to lock the levers after using them, otherwise it may be a bit confusing.
• In "Mom's Room" the grunt only has two waypoints, perhaps you should change that so there is actually a way to get past him.
• In "Mom's Room" there is also one of those weird cylinder things that makes the screen go white and usually display some text, but there's no text. May I ask why you have that there?

All in all, a decent map but needs quite a bit of polishing and changes. You have potential though, and I do encourage you to make more.
12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Find
Nomad923 Offline

(12-27-2011, 06:11 PM)Shadowfied Wrote: Huge improvement from the demo (obviously) but I still think it is quite bad. Here's my "review". If you haven't played the map yet, play it first.

Spoiler below!

• The mapping isn't great, but there is quite a bit of rooms to search to make up for those small problems.
• Seriously, please use some more variation when spawning enemies, more than half of all enemies were spawned by picking up items.
• When unlocking a door with a padlock, you usually use the key on the padlock itself instead of the door it is attached to, so first I thought the key was for another door until I tried using it on the gate itself, so I recommend making the padlock disappear by using the key on the padlock itself.
• There is one room (can't remember what the area / level was called) where there was a room without walls etc, pretty much an unfinished room.
• One good scare was the one in the room where there was a key on a bed. I was not expecting that and I didn't understand how he spawned. I'm assuming it was a timer after entering the room, cause he appeared before I picked up the key and not immediately when I moved the bed, so good work on that.
• Another thing is to lock the levers after using them, otherwise it may be a bit confusing.
• In "Mom's Room" the grunt only has two waypoints, perhaps you should change that so there is actually a way to get past him.
• In "Mom's Room" there is also one of those weird cylinder things that makes the screen go white and usually display some text, but there's no text. May I ask why you have that there?

All in all, a decent map but needs quite a bit of polishing and changes. You have potential though, and I do encourage you to make more.
Thanks, The next cs that i am working on will be much better, the only reason why this one was not so good was because this was my very first cs and was still in the progress of learning. I have learned alot more and i promise the next will be awesome.

12-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I did a LP for Gary - Snowy Secrets... I'm in the mood to play something rather than make, so I'll give it a LP =] Be up soon!

nevermind, found it. VERY hard to see that key.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2011, 01:12 AM by Statyk.)
12-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Find
Nomad923 Offline

(12-28-2011, 12:23 AM)Statyk Wrote: I did a LP for Gary - Snowy Secrets... I'm in the mood to play something rather than make, so I'll give it a LP =] Be up soon!

nevermind, found it. VERY hard to see that key.
Dang, yea i should have changed that before i released but i forgot.

Here how about ill make some changes to it, ill release it in about 2 hours or so.

Nevermind wasnt that hard to fix the new version is up now, i fixed the key problem and had you click on the padlock instead of the door in the dungeon.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2011, 04:16 AM by Nomad923.)
12-28-2011, 04:00 AM
Find
Ivan4ik Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The Cursed House V2

Hmm. And where was the dog that appears before you enter the mom's room? In version 1 it was, but there is none.
--------------
Oh, maybe it was a bug. When I restarted the game the dog was in place. Smile
--------------
Very good story. Waiting for the continuation! Wink
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 03:37 PM by Ivan4ik.)
01-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Find