Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Custom Story: Crueldatis et Tormentis, HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!
BeforeTheMomentGirl Offline

Threads: 1
Bug  Amnesia Custom Story: Crueldatis et Tormentis, HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

So, hi... I'm beforethemomentgirl (Niwa)..
New to the forums etc, but that's not why i'm here.
I'm making a custom story (kinda) Yet fail at using the Level editor, as my PC can barely run Amnesia in the first place XD.
Yet I have this story, that I'd love to make into a Custom Story.
If anyone wants to co-operate, I'd love you!

A bit about the story:
You don't remember who you are (How original)
or where you are (Omg i'm SOOOOOOOooooo original (A))
You wake up in a bedroom, Nicely lit (No windows) You find a note in the study area, about a woman.
A woman called Lydia, she wrote about how her brother is coming to visit.
In the same room you find another note, (partially spilled with blood) From the brother of Lydia, how she's gone mad.
what will happen...?
I know :D
you dont >:D
Well... Goodbye ^^ and thanks already =D
12-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Crueldatis et Tormentis, HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

um.... which help do you exactly need? :3
And.. don't be so fast to do a custom story, you need time, you need a bit of skill so you better try to test something out before doing complex things which many people can't even do, read about "amnesia" scripting, follow tutorials and you will learn. =)

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/start

start from here and good luck =D

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2011, 01:54 PM by Hardarm.)
12-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

if its a short story i might be able to map it for ya ^^
12-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Find

(12-22-2011, 01:51 PM)Hardarm Wrote: um.... which help do you exactly need? :3
And.. don't be so fast to do a custom story, you need time, you need a bit of skill so you better try to test something out before doing complex things which many people can't even do, read about "amnesia" scripting, follow tutorials and you will learn. =)

My dad programs PC's, I know how scripting works XD
I've been working on this custom story for six months now, so i'm not gonna drop it.
And with that, I'm not new to Amnesia, Just the forums.
Just to be exact, i need a mapper. that's all.
(12-22-2011, 06:43 PM)darkadders Wrote: if its a short story i might be able to map it for ya ^^
You are a sweetheart! It's not that long really. (under 2000 words if you'd write a story from it.)
But only if you want to Tho' Wink
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2011, 08:47 PM by BeforeTheMomentGirl.)
12-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(12-22-2011, 08:45 PM)BeforeTheMomentGirl Wrote:

I've been working on this custom story for six months now, so i'm not gonna drop it.
(12-22-2011, 06:43 PM)darkadders Wrote: if its a short story i might be able to map it for ya ^^
You are a sweetheart! It's not that long really. (under 2000 words if you'd write a story from it.)
im really bad at storywriting, though i could give ya an idea! maybe this lydia woman was having her brother over for an annual visit; they both met at her house, (kinda skipping the madness part of lydia.) someone, or something, entered the house, killed her brother and took her away. eventually you find out youre a private detective sent by lydias mother to find out where they all went. you went to her last known location, and looked for clues. further into the story you find out that nothing killed the brother of lydia. lydia killed her brother(or something), and sought out for revenge on someone. (or you can have that lydia was infected by a specific disease, causing her to mutate at midnight (im soooo fucking original yo) or SOMETHING. good luck to ya ^^ (hopefully this kickstarted some brainstorming ^^)
well, fuck... i just spent 10 minutes replying to the wrong question... thought u needed a story (facedesk)

alright, so, what sort of mappin would u like?
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2011, 09:10 PM by Mine Turtle.)
12-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Find

(12-22-2011, 08:55 PM)darkadders Wrote:

im really bad at storywriting, though i could give ya an idea! maybe this lydia woman was having her brother over for an annual visit; they both met at her house, (kinda skipping the madness part of lydia.) someone, or something, entered the house, killed her brother and took her away. eventually you find out youre a private detective sent by lydias mother to find out where they all went. you went to her last known location, and looked for clues. further into the story you find out that nothing killed the brother of lydia. lydia killed her brother(or something), and sought out for revenge on someone. (or you can have that lydia was infected by a specific disease, causing her to mutate at midnight (im soooo fucking original yo) or SOMETHING. good luck to ya ^^ (hopefully this kickstarted some brainstorming ^^)
well, fuck... i just spent 10 minutes replying to the wrong question... thought u needed a story (facedesk)

ahww. poor you *hug*
you'll never gain those 10 minutes back.
Anyway,
I'll just need 2 or 3 levels, as it's a realy small story, and ends nice *Grin*
I just fail at using the level editor, I once made this map.... and it just.... just no.... no.... just.... no.
even Just a kind-of-basic hallway+room is a failure with me... (I'm a retard i know)
No stairs are needed.... so that's an easy thing =D
Anyway... I'll be gon ein a few minutes (I'm going on a loohoohooong 2 month trip tomorrow and i need to pac my bags XD)
12-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

Best of luck for you guys. I was intrigued with the story so far, so I will give this one a try when its done. Again, best wishes, custom stories are STRESSFUL >_>

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

12-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(12-23-2011, 07:13 PM)BeforeTheMomentGirl Wrote:

ahww. poor you *hug*
Anyway,
I just fail at using the level editor, I once made this map.... and it just.... just no.... no.... just.... no.
even Just a kind-of-basic hallway+room is a failure with me... (I'm a retard i know)
Anyway... I'll be gon ein a few minutes (I'm going on a loohoohooong 2 month trip tomorrow and i need to pac my bags XD)
i dont think i can make a map from that little amount of information though. what i might do is add you on skype or whatever, where you can see my screen, and i can map what you want for you ^^

or you can send me a more indepth storyline to work from ^^
12-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Find

(12-23-2011, 11:33 PM)darkadders Wrote:
(12-23-2011, 07:13 PM)BeforeTheMomentGirl Wrote:

ahww. poor you *hug*
Anyway,
i dont think i can make a map from that little amount of information though. what i might do is add you on skype or whatever, where you can see my screen, and i can map what you want for you ^^

or you can send me a more indepth storyline to work from ^^
I've finally got online <3 (ON a trip and have internet for 20 minutes or so XD)
Okay,
so.. I've got a full description of the levels in a powerpoint (with drawn art of mine)
(It's somehow kinda like the overviews of the game in the secret files XD)

But you can add me on skype yeah.
(I'm trying to be online as much as I can.)
so If you give me your information through Skype (My username's Beforethemomentgirl, mail Beforethemomentgirl@hotmail.com )
Or anything else.
I can send the full descriptions to you.
12-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Find