Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lagging
Funman Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Lagging

Hey, I have a laptop with integrated graphics (I think) BUT it allows you to switch to "high-performance" mode. While in this mode Amnesia literally runs perfectly, no lagging or problems at all, and I was able to complete the game.

The problem is that for some reason recently Amnesia (and all other games) have started to run horribly, with a ton of lag, so it's really not even fun to play anymore. This has been going on for a while now and since I haven't been able to figure it out, maybe one of you can help. I figure it's some unnecessary program that's causing it, but I don't know which one.

Thanks in advance for any help.
12-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Lagging

Cleaning your computer with a ccleaner would help a little.

And "unnecessary program", what do you mean for example?

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
12-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

What he might mean is that he's using up a lot of memory because of programs that he doesn't use much. This can cause some problems, but whether it would make you lag that sudden i'm not sure.

Are you sure that your laptop is still running in High-Performance mode? I wouldn't be suprised if it had the ability to switch when it needs to. And yeah, Intergrated graphics cards aren't great for playing any game really.

Other than that, I don't have a clue what could be wrong unless you need to update something.

[Image: luv.gif]
12-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Find
Funman Offline

Threads: 10

Thanks for the help. Also, I've been doing some other research. I think it may have something to do with the switchable graphics, though I'm not sure. Do you think switching to fixed switchable graphics instead of dynamic to support OpenGL would help? I'm just confused about the fact that it used to run perfectly on really high settings but now I can hardly play it. I don't remember changing anything that could cause this.
12-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Find