Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions
skaveria Offline

Threads: 1
A few questions

Hello I'm thinking about purchasing amnesia for the soul purpose of developing a mod/game. And I was wondering if you can modify the engine, or only content. I would also like to know what the rules or licenses for distributing a mod based off this engine. Any other tips or useful information would be appreciated thanks
12-24-2011, 02:56 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: A few questions

(12-24-2011, 02:56 AM)skaveria Wrote: Hello I'm thinking about purchasing amnesia for the soul purpose of developing a mod/game. And I was wondering if you can modify the engine, or only content. I would also like to know what the rules or licenses for distributing a mod based off this engine. Any other tips or useful information would be appreciated thanks
You can modify the content freely, and changing the engine functions and capabilities would require alteration of the core mechanics. I don't know anything about that, but it is apparently possible.

As for distribution, this is more of a "for-fun" thing for everyone who wants to get some decent game-design work done, or if you're like me, developing a portfolio for college. As far as laws go, selling your mods are illegal, as you are making money for tweaking another person's work. You may distribute your mod anywhere you want, so long as it is free and you give credit where and to whom it is due.
12-24-2011, 05:58 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: A few questions

And also this community is all about making free content just because it's fun and others can enjoy your work for free, so i don't think you'd get many sales if you made people pay for your mod.

Posting Freak
12-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Website Find