Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Elder Scrolls
hoppem Offline

Threads: 13
The Elder Scrolls

as you may know Skyrim just came out AND IT IS AWESOME, A MUST PLAY.though playing playing it for 50 hours straight i wanted to play the very first which was the Elder Scrolls Arena so i got it and i cant even get out of that dungeon right in the beginning has anyone beat it to give me any pointers ITS TO HARD
12-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: The Elder Scrolls

Skyrim is awesome but in my opinion, and as a hardcore rpg gamer, I have a very hard time taking the game as an rpg, it's mainly an adventure game with rpg elements and you have to make the game an rpg yourself which was a tad bit disappointing. I know I'm going to sound like a nostalgia ranterhipster but I still think Morrowind is the best out of the five, closely followed by Daggerfall and Skyrim, probably because of the mood, the environment and music, also all dialogue was in text, and I emotionally connect a lot easier when I read stuff instead of listening.

As for Arena, I remember that I reached Sumurset Isle (which was the.. 6th part of the staff I believe? or was it the 5th..?) and I have to agree with you, it's really really hard and Sumurset was freakin' impossible, I couldn't beat it, even if my save didn't go corrupt which made me stop anyway.
My tip is to save. Save, save, save! Make sure you save on multiple slots as well, the game is incredibly instable. Also, be very careful about what class you choose to play, since the classes have different xp requirements for level, I recommend that you choose a class that have a pretty moderate xp requirement but actually CAN make it through the beginner dungeon.

And the class that I always play to make sure I survive is the ranger (a warrior class), mainly because it has no disadvantages except no spellcasting, and it has a bonus to damage equivalent to the character level, which is really really useful. Also, be careful which race you choose, there are certain combination, I'm sure of that, but the only one that I can think about is the ranger/redguard, because Redguards have a bonus to-hit and damage every third level. You will become a killing machine.

That's the best tip I can give you, happy gaming! Also: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:General_Hints Really awesome tips here! Big Grin

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
12-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Anyone played Baldur's Gate and/or Never Winter Nights series (especially Mask of the Betrayer)?

12-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Gothic I & II are the best RPGs ever made.
12-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

Provided you can get them to work. I bought Gothic 3 a while ago but returned it within two days because it crashed more often than Al Qaeda Airlines - with the patch installed. That game had better not show up on my doorstep without some serious refinement and a basket of apologies.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
12-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

You guys may find me strange, but i prefer Fallout 3 of all RPG's.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
12-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I've seen playthroughs of Skyrim, know of family that plays the game, and i've purchased Oblivion while it was on sale just to see if Skyrim would be worth buying. Comparing it to Oblivion and observing others play it, there are a few things that Skyrim has that i've been wishing for in Oblivion, but i cannot say that these small things and slightly upgraded graphics is worth $60, or the $40 price i saw during the Steam sales. It looks more like a $30 to $35 game to me. Skyrim seems like it'd keep my attention more than Oblivion so far has (i found Oblivion to be a bit boring and reminiscent of Fallout 3 mechanics only set in a different time), but i wouldn't waste $60 on it.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Website Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

(12-25-2011, 10:05 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Anyone played Baldur's Gate and/or Never Winter Nights series (especially Mask of the Betrayer)?

Oh yes, great games!

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
12-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(12-28-2011, 12:41 AM)Your Computer Wrote: I've seen playthroughs of Skyrim, know of family that plays the game, and i've purchased Oblivion while it was on sale just to see if Skyrim would be worth buying. Comparing it to Oblivion and observing others play it, there are a few things that Skyrim has that i've been wishing for in Oblivion, but i cannot say that these small things and slightly upgraded graphics is worth $60, or the $40 price i saw during the Steam sales. It looks more like a $30 to $35 game to me. Skyrim seems like it'd keep my attention more than Oblivion so far has (i found Oblivion to be a bit boring and reminiscent of Fallout 3 mechanics only set in a different time), but i wouldn't waste $60 on it.
Yeah, how dare a game what will take you around 200 hours to complete, has a really detailed world, significant gameplay improvements and has a very bright modding potential in the future cost 60 dollars. No, no it should cost 30 dollars.

Meanwhile amnesia what is 7 hour linear game what's mostly a copy of penumbra black plague costs 20 dollars.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2011, 01:54 AM by Arvuti.)
12-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(12-28-2011, 01:50 AM)Arvuti Wrote: Yeah, how dare a game what will take you around 200 hours to complete, has a really detailed world, significant gameplay improvements and has a very bright modding potential in the future cost 60 dollars. No, no it should cost 30 dollars.

Meanwhile amnesia what is 7 hour linear game what's mostly a copy of penumbra black plague costs 20 dollars.

The only thing that could ever cause a game to last that long would require a player to be ignorant, not make use of any teleportation features, aim to complete every side quest possible, aim to get every sort of magic and high-quality inventory items possible, aim to remove every inch of "fog of war" from their maps, and who knows what other potentially irrelevant thing "required" to complete the game that the game has to offer. To include things like side-quests and personal interests of the player when determining how long it would take to complete a game would never tell you how long it requires to complete the game. All that is required to complete the game is to complete the main story. Apparently, if you have the skill and know-how, you can beat the game in about 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Great support for mods would be a big influence for me finding a $40 price tag to be justifiable. However, the Skyrim Creation Kit is not scheduled to come out until at least January. I would rather be certain of what i'm getting for the price paid for, than to pay the full price and be let down later down the road.

As for Amnesia, i am satisfied with paying $15 (in terms of fear factor and enjoyment) for the game and $5 for custom story support.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2011, 03:32 AM by Your Computer.)
12-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Website Find