Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: Titanic's Descent
Mr Robville Offline

Threads: 3
Amnesia: Titanic's Descent

Well It ain't the most original title, but it was all I could come up with Tongue

As some may have noticed I have posted some images of Titanic 3D models in a support topic.
Now that the converting is a succes I can proudly present: Amnesia: Titanic's Descent.

It's a mod in very early stages.
The 3D models used are originaly made for the Mafia Titanic Mod ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/mafia-titanic-mod )
As converting for amnesia is pretty easy and level designing aswell I'll port the MTM to Amnesia in times I think I had done enough for a while of Mafia Modding. Still the MTM has main priority, but this project shouldn't take any longer.

Because it's so early, no storyline has been thought out yet, and everything you see is still beta.
so if you have any idea's, feel free to share!

Here is some footage, notice that much more of modelling has been done in general. (see MTM)

Video:

Screenshots:

First class Smoking room (modelled by Hudizzle)
[Image: 2011-12-24_00002.jpg]
[Image: 2011-12-24_00001.jpg]

Engine room
[Image: 2011-12-23_00001.jpg]

here is it's moddb page:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-titanics-descent

I hope you all like it!
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2011, 12:38 AM by Mr Robville.)
12-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Amnesia: Titanic's Descent

YES, YES, YES, YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN this has potential! maybe u could start up the story with some storyline of the titanic being sunk, but as you play as the character in the story, you start to discover the titanic wasnt sunk by nature.. someTHING did it ^^

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE!! Big GrinD

(count me in to play ^^)
12-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Wow, even though you didn't make those models, that looks incredible. If only the lighting wasn't so bright.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Website Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

Looks great! Smile Would be awesome to see it as a full conversion Smile

12-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Find
Mr Robville Offline

Thanks for the kind comments!
The storyline idea comes very close to what I have in mind Smile

Quote: Wow, even though you didn't make those models, that looks incredible. If only the lighting wasn't so bright.
Hudizzle is a teammember/ fellow modeller on the MTM, We both do modelling for the project, he mainly does interiors, and I did the exterior as some of the interior aswell.
The video happens to only show the 1st Class smoking room, which in this case has been modelled by Hudizzle.
The engine room, is some older work of mine, it needs to be redone entirely but it was a nice test in Amnesia. the large machinery surrounded by darkness has something scary on it's own.

Lighting is indeed way too bright, is there a way I can alter multiple lights at the same time?
now I must select each individual light, and change each's individual settings.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2011, 12:35 AM by Mr Robville.)
12-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(12-27-2011, 12:34 AM)Mr Robville Wrote: Lighting is indeed way too bright, is there a way I can alter multiple lights at the same time?
now I must select each individual light, and change each's individual settings.

Edit the entity in the model editor? Or did you not make them into lamp entities?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

It's super cliche, but an idea for the story could be that the government actually purposfully destroyed the titanic and the whole story of it sinking was just a cover up, and the reason they destroyed it was because some hostile alien creature had made its way onto the ship and they had to make sure it didn't escape. Just an idea though!

Posting Freak
12-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Website Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

The map looks brilliant so far, I love the original models, it fits in with the amnesia theme very well.

Now a bit of advice / criticism:
I know you've already said your sorting out the lighting, so I wont talk about it too much. Basically give the lights a slight (not too much) Yellow / cream tint, and lower the brightness a bit. Then you can add a boxlight, or use larger pointlights to keep any pitch black areas away. To answer your question - Sorry, theres no faster way of doing it, unless you do it with scripting, but I'm not sure whether your familiar with angelscript yet Tongue.

If you are, in your OnStart{} use a "for" statement containing the FadeLightTo function, with the lightname as "pointlight_"+i or whatever name you have given your pointlight.

Another thing is if you make the chairs non-static entities, it will make pathfinding for your monsters easier, and you wont have to jump over everything to get around.

Apart from those two little things, everything seems great! Keep it up Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2011, 01:17 AM by DRedshot.)
12-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Find
SpudroSpadre Offline

Threads: 4

Seems legit. Big Grin

TENSIONAL GAMES

- Currently working on a Amnesia custom story
12-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Find
Mr Robville Offline

Thanks for the help with the lights! I'll poke around a little with it.
Perhaps I can combine the 2 storyline idea's, I like it, and I sure think it's interesting to use!
12-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Find