Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game crashes on Window Vista
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game crashes on Window Vista

Have any of you tried to use the Program Compabtility Wizard? It's located in Star Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories.

Use it and see if the game works after following the steps in the wizard.
07-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Website Find
Rowland Offline

Threads: 0

Quote:You can start the game and you can play the acutal game, as far as moving around in a level? But ones you want to go back from moving around in a level to the main menu you press ESC and then the game freezes?
Yes, this is the biggest problem. Smile I also have problems with the graphic (shaders and backgrounds, etc) but I think that this problem is not hang together with Vista...

Quote:Have any of you tried to use the Program Compabtility Wizard? It's located in Star Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories.
Okey, I'll try it![/quote]
07-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Website Find
Rowland Offline

Threads: 0

Quote:Can you also go to Start menu -> Run... -> And enter dxdiag and in the program that starts save the information and attach the file here in this thread.

Here it is. But unfortunately some words in it are in Hungarian language because I have the Hungarian Vista edition Sad
07-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Website Find
carrie Offline

Threads: 1

I downloaded the patch and removed the set up as advised and it crashes - I'm not up to doing a lot of stuff to the computer when I know that it is alright - what about a refund of something until the problems are fixed and ready for Vista?

Carrie

Scraper Wrote:
carrie Wrote:I'm still waiting for some technical support - what's with advertising it will run on Window's Vista when it will not???? Please help - this is crazy - how hard can it be?

Do you have patch for Overture?
07-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Find