Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok,how to test your own map?
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Ok,how to test your own map?

My only guess is you have a spelling error somewhere. Could be the map name, map folder, or even "custom_story_settings.cfg"
01-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

Is having extra_english file required?
<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description"> </Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

And you can also access map files through debug menus Load map feature.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012, 05:05 PM by Khyrpa.)
01-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Okay I got it fellas.I had a space before the dot in my maps file name so that explained it.Thanks for help all.Really helps being in your own map.
01-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Website Find
thetury455 Offline

Threads: 10

(01-02-2012, 04:05 PM)Statyk Wrote: You have to have all the files concerning your campaign in one folder located inside the "custom_stories" folder. Then go into your campaign's folder and open notepad. Save As... "custom_story_settings.cfg" exactly like that, no quotations. Then put this in there and fill in the areas with your information:

ImgFile = "PREVIEW_IMAGE"
Name = "CAMPAIGN_NAME"
Author = "kartanonperuna"

MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "MAP_NAME.map"
StartPos = "PLAYER_START_AREA"
/>
umm yea what he said Big Grin

AmnesiaGuy
01-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Find
Rhonin Offline

Threads: 0

(01-02-2012, 04:35 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 04:31 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: I dont have any underscores.And my maps are located in Custom stories,Just another night folder and in there,maps folder.
so it runs down like this? (capitalizations, spaces, and spelling ALL the same):

"custom_stories > Just another night > maps"

I've run into the same problem, my map won't show up either. And I'm pretty sure i've tripplechecked all the capitals, spaces etc.
My folder layout is like this : (Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories\The Demon Summoning\maps\ (the map))
where my custom_story_settings.cfg is in the "The Demon Summoning" folder, where my .jpg is as well
The .cfg looks like this.

<Main
ImgFile = "dag_2.jpg"
Name = "The Demon Summoning"
Author = "Roy Hornstra"
MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "Kerkincrement2.map"
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>

HAH! I found it Tongue the slash is the wrong way around! thanks guys you are awesome!

Ill keep you posted on progress.

Darn that wasn't it :/
So okay for the completeness of my story. For some reason when I saved the .cfg file it didn't actually make it a .cfg file it still had the textfile icon. So I used a different custom map its .cfg and put my info inside that. Knowing is half the battle Wink
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012, 12:31 PM by Rhonin.)
01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Find
ChonChonGaming Offline

Threads: 0

I am actually going crazy about this f****** thing. Am I meant to have folders like entities and lights in my custom story folder? I've tried so many times if I can't figure it out soon I'm just gonna give up. Please help.
01-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

(01-07-2012, 09:48 AM)ChonChonGaming Wrote: I am actually going crazy about this f****** thing. Am I meant to have folders like entities and lights in my custom story folder? I've tried so many times if I can't figure it out soon I'm just gonna give up. Please help.
Have a entities folder in your custom story folder. Place what you want in there. for custom materials put materials, etc, etc

01-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Find