Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I exit the cistern?
Cambium29 Offline

Threads: 2
How do I exit the cistern?

Hello, thanks in advance.

I'm in the cistern (watery room with the stairs, crumbled paths). I've shut off the steam valve and turned the other valves completely. Now, a water monster is skulking around and the room has red goo everywhere. The path back to the main door to enter/exit is blocked by a web of red ... stuff.

Is there another exit?
01-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: How do I exit the cistern?

Directly left of the pathway you entered from there is another walkway with boxes stacked up on it at one end, if you run over to that walkway the red goo will have formed to make a bridge across to the exit at the very end of that walkway.

Posting Freak
01-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Website Find
ModestWalrus Offline

Threads: 3

After you get the water from the sewer to lower and you get the vaccine from the morgue then you can continue to the sewer, if you need help with the puzzle to lower the water ill help.
01-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

The path should not be blocked at all, you easily can enter the door as far as you reach it. I just sprinted the waterpool until the end, it is not a big deal to avoid Kaernk.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-15-2012, 04:50 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(01-15-2012, 04:50 AM)Kein Wrote: The path should not be blocked at all, you easily can enter the door as far as you reach it. I just sprinted the waterpool until the end, it is not a big deal to avoid Kaernk.
Sometimes the red slime and the Kaernk doesn't appear. I believe it depends on whether you save this task for last or not, but other people say it depends on how much sanity you have.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Damn, I've played Amnesia about 6 times now and I've never encountered any of this! I wonder how much more of the game I've missed out on haha.

I always assumed the Kaernk didn't actually spawn in the Cistern and that its noises and occasional splashing was just to scare you. Even in all of the YouTube play throughs I've seen the Kaernk never appeared there! I'm gonna go back in and let my sanity drain and see what happens...
04-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3

I always encountered red slime webs and Kaernk in the cistern, if i've i done things in the morgue before entering into the cistern, i believe. But yes, there's two routes to the door. In this case use the left route.
04-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Find